Best all around tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The best all around tire bar none: Wrangler Dura Truc!
I know the OEM Tire, replaced them with the Dura Truc, an astounding improvement.
Replaced them with the KO2's, because of all the hype, a great disappointment (but much better compared to the OEM KO's)
Should Goodyear produces the Dura Truc's in 37 tomorrow; I would dump my almost new (and very satisfying) Cooper STT Pro's.

They're that good, huh?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but they're not a super high mileage tires.
If you are in to traction (dry, wet, snow, off road) this tire delivers!
My Coopers are almost equal on road (but noisier) but better in loose stuff and mutt off road

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but they're not a super high mileage tires.
If you are in to traction (dry, wet, snow, off road) this tire delivers!
My Coopers are almost equal on road (but noisier) but better in loose stuff and mutt off road

I still have the factory KO tires with 24.7k miles and they're wearing a lot faster then I thought they would. I'm gonna have to get some new tires this coming spring and still dont know what I want to do. I'm leaning toward the KO2's but always heard great things about the Duratracs. I need a great all around tire with excellent wet/snow traction, quiet, and also looks aggressive. Might go to 37's on Method Roost. If not, 35's for sure.

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still have the factory KO tires with 24.7k miles and they're wearing a lot faster then I thought they would. I'm gonna have to get some new tires this coming spring and still dont know what I want to do. I'm leaning toward the KO2's but always heard great things about the Duratracs. I need a great all around tire with excellent wet/snow traction, quiet, and also looks aggressive. Might go to 37's on Method Roosters. If not, 35's for sure.

Ah yes the method Roosters, good choice lol :ROFLJest:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My $.02? I put on some 37" KO's because I wanted to see what a stock-type tire in a 37" would be like comparable to the originals from the factory. I took my stockers off at 50k+ miles and they still had 50% tread left. Good wearing tire. Good grip. Yada yada yada.

Anyway - just got done with Snoball and I am just as impressed with these in 37". Never got stuck. Zero road noise. Great ride. Wearing really good. There, I said it.......

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for tires also, I have been looking at the nitto terra grappler 2s, I had a set a long time ago on my 4x Ranger, and was really pleased with them.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stingray23 I have to agree with PropDr. I too am running the Duratrac's. Hands down the best tire I have ever had. I have owned and driven many vehicles with numerous different tires in the past and honestly I will never buy a different tire ever again. For an all around tire I can't say enough. Being from NY like you as well, these tires are absolutely unstoppable in the snow, ice, slush, hard pack, you name it. Perfect for this time of year. I just got back from SnoBall as well and these tires are absolutely amazing. Cruising 85 mph in the slush with zero concern whatsoever. Deep powder busting trail, dug and pushed forward. If you get a set and don't like them I will buy them off of you.

I guess it depends on where you live and the weather/trail conditions that you will see most frequently. My vote though is on the Duratracs. I think too they look more aggressive than the stock BFG's or the KO2s that are replacing them.

Last edited:

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the duratracs after my oem tires wore out. noise went up, mileage went down I have used both at snoball and they both did well. They haven't aged as well as the BFGs. I was planning on going to the KO2 next. I hope I'm not dissapinted like propDR.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The KO2's did amazing at snoball. If you are going to play in the snow with the KO2's then you need to air them down to work best. Running 40+ PSI will not get you the grip you want