Best aftermarket brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed but I have not seen any recent threads.

have about 24k miles feels like the brakes are taking longer to stop what are you all doing for new pads or a set up that’s not to pricey.

Running 35s with 20s and goosetuned!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would check brake fluid level first. make sure the braking system is functioning properly. look into the calipers and make sure those are working as well. check the hoses and lines. you can always go to steel braided lines to minimize flexing in the hose too.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in members experience with aftermarket pads.

Best is the wrong question, what's best for me you might hate.

The four main characteristics I use to classify pads are Cf, dusting, noise and mileage.
I can put up with Dusting and fast wearing pads, while that might be important for you.

There are other considerations like "bite".

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in members experience with aftermarket pads.

Best is the wrong question, what's best for me you might hate.

The four main characteristics I use to classify pads are Cf, dusting, noise and mileage.
I can put up with Dusting and fast wearing pads, while that might be important for you.

There are other considerations like "bite".
you were in wyoming with us last year. i have autozone pads. they give you lifetime replacement so you never have to buy a set of pads again. you also might have seen a bit of my driving style. lot of left foot braking to get into drifts at 80+ mph. the pads do me fine. i wear through them quickly sometimes, but never felt the need to have to go with a big brake kit or any expensive modifications or parts. i do burn through rotors, calipers, and pads often, but thsts due to my excessive drifting on mountain roads.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you were in wyoming with us last year. you also might have seen a bit of my driving style. lot of left foot braking to get into drifts at 80+ mph.

Yes I remember being forth inline trying to keep up using 4wd and getting like 6-8 MPG.
I backed off the second day, using 4A and near the back of the pack, I got 16 MPG.

Hope to do it again soon, great times.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I remember being forth inline trying to keep up using 4wd and getting like 6-8 MPG.
I backed off the second day, using 4A and near the back of the pack, I got 16 MPG.

Hope to do it again soon, great times.
quit worrying about mpg on an event. street? ok, you can count gallons. but just go out and have fun running the truck when you are at an event