Best “sentry” style dashcam front and rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe they care more than our local police. Someone came into our house while my wife was home and stole her purse and a few other things. They tried to cash a check at our bank the next day. Bank photocopied their ID and got a fingerprint for endorsement. When they tried to process it, they found that we had put a hold on our checks. Popo didn't do jack shit. No interest, no time. If someone isn't injured, they don't pursue crimes. Porch pirates, same same, beautiful video, so what? We moved to a gated community and now pay for our own security because with no enforcement, this crap is just going to get worse and worse.
I've lived in quite a few gated communities and its a false sense of security. We once had a guy on a high speed chase ditch their car, hop the security gates and hide in the community, with about 20 cops walking around with shotguns & AR15s. I will say, the gated communities do control who has access, but if someone really wants in, theyll find their way.

Anyhow, I have a stereo install going in soon and was thinking now would be the time to install a decent dashcam.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've lived in quite a few gated communities and its a false sense of security. We once had a guy on a high speed chase ditch their car, hop the security gates and hide in the community, with about 20 cops walking around with shotguns & AR15s. I will say, the gated communities do control who has access, but if someone really wants in, theyll find their way.
Agreed. But it makes it a bit more difficult and usually that's all it takes. Criminals are lazy. That's why they're criminals. Plus we're no longer near downtown, which has become a 24/7 festival for drug-addicted dirtbags. And we're not next to the park where they like to camp. It's not perfect, but we feel much safer than before. And I suspect that we are.