Bent/separated/sagging leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Parker

Reaction score
2017 screw. Bone stock with 21,000. Purchased used. Just noticed front end sits 3/4” higher in the front. Had mechanic check front and rear shocks. Stock with no damage. Checked rear leaf springs. Rear leaf springs appear to sag in front of the axle, rose back up to go over axle and continue to arch to rear connection. The second leaf actually appears to be separated from the top one with a gap/bend. Has anyone had experience with faulty leafs? Covered under warranty?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is the block still in the back? Some people remove and slightly raise the front for the Brorunner/Cali-Lean look. I'd check for the rear block and then check the front for a perch collar or even worse, a spacer lift/strut extension. Take some pics if you can

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I used to regularly bend leaf springs on my crawler before I linked it. Sound like maybe it was used in some high traction spots or abused by power braking, alot, who knows. I would bet you could find a set of good used take offs cheap, if you don't want to spring for deavers or whatever.

If it's stock, the factory 2" block isn't doing you any favors. Though, I have 38k on mine and springs are fine.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take a few pictures of the leaf separation and where the U-bolts go around the axle to see if it has the blocks removed. Whatever it is, it is not normal. Unless it was abused by the previous owner, it should be covered under your warranty.

PS. This was inadvertently posted in the Gen 1 Suspension section.

OP
OP
S

Steve Parker

Reaction score
Mechanic pulled a front coil and shock off. Perch has not been modified, no level spacer. All stock. In fact he took it to a dealer her works with and the dealer said coil and shock both were stock and not modified. Will pull rear tire and support axle to the springs are under load and I will take a photos thanks for everyone’s responses. The raptor community seems to be way more helpful than the Cummins. Had one for over 5 years with heavy mods and that crowd has real chip on their shoulder