Bent axel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or is this a complete troll? That would be my guess.

I thought he was talking about some guy named Axel with a serious **********. I wondered if perhaps Axel was your first name. Then I realized that he didn't capitalize it so it must instead be a poorly done jump by an ice skater. Imagine my confusion when he seemed to be talking about a truck. Maybe he did a bent axel in his truck last winter and bent his axle. :)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought he was talking about some guy named Axel with a serious **********. I wondered if perhaps Axel was your first name. Then I realized that he didn't capitalize it so it must instead be a poorly done jump by an ice skater. Imagine my confusion when he seemed to be talking about a truck. Maybe he did a bent axel in his truck last winter and bent his axle. :)

He's a figure skater?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to contact your insurance company, not Ford for warranty service. Warranty is for a manufacturer defect, you clearly hit something.

flynford

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I currently have a 2019 raptor and I recently noticed my rear driver side wheel has a slight wobble while driving. Didn’t do anything about it for a couple thousand miles until I noticed both my rear tires tread was getting completely destroyed. I took it in to a dealership and they diagnosed it as a rear bent driver side axel. They then told me warranty doesn’t cover it because it’s considered wear and tear? I haven’t gotten the opportunity to take the truck off-roading that much so don’t really know what caused it. As far as I’m concerned, the Ford powertrain warranty should cover the axels. I’m taking the truck back home in a few weeks to my local Ford dealership from where I bought the truck from to see if they can help me out. Overall just wondering if anyone has had the same issues replacing a bent axel under warranty?
Bent axle shaft and/or housing is not a warrantable item. Axel shafts are easy to replace if you're fairly handy but to pay another shop to replace it would be cheaper. Here's the series of things you can do to validate the axel shaft being bent. I found this video and it would guide you to check yourself. OEM Ford shafts fairly stout but you could upgrade with some nice lifetime warranty alloy shafts which cover 'wear & tear'.

Check this out: