Bent axel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walker Bell

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I currently have a 2019 raptor and I recently noticed my rear driver side wheel has a slight wobble while driving. Didn’t do anything about it for a couple thousand miles until I noticed both my rear tires tread was getting completely destroyed. I took it in to a dealership and they diagnosed it as a rear bent driver side axel. They then told me warranty doesn’t cover it because it’s considered wear and tear? I haven’t gotten the opportunity to take the truck off-roading that much so don’t really know what caused it. As far as I’m concerned, the Ford powertrain warranty should cover the axels. I’m taking the truck back home in a few weeks to my local Ford dealership from where I bought the truck from to see if they can help me out. Overall just wondering if anyone has had the same issues replacing a bent axel under warranty?

OP
OP
W

Walker Bell

Reaction score
Haha na man. I’m still in school, not wifed up yet. Haven’t really hit any curbs hard enough for me to notice any damage. I just got back from a decently long road trip which was around 3,500 miles stretched out over a couple weeks which is when I noticed the wobbling. Don’t know what it could’ve been to bend it which is the frustrating part.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axles normally bend on their own, right? Hope you’re not in law school.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
if you have a mechanical e-brake, The stock rear axle from my truck is sitting in Dallas at TMX. I'll cut ya a good deal on it. If you have an electronic parking brake, I don't have an answer for you other than, rear axles don't magically bend on their own.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I currently have a 2019 raptor and I recently noticed my rear driver side wheel has a slight wobble while driving. Didn’t do anything about it for a couple thousand miles until I noticed both my rear tires tread was getting completely destroyed.

Haven’t really hit any curbs hard enough for me to notice any damage.

Why would you drive a couple thousand miles with a "slight wobble" and what does not really hitting curbs hard enough to notice damage mean? Do you want to guess how many curbs I have hit?

Or is this a complete troll? That would be my guess.