Being offered a 22 with no Moonroof---Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If your timing is good, you can slam it shut and pin them in a convenient position ... or so I've heard. ;)

The flimsy plastic guides won't stand a chance against @Oldfart 's stable.

I haven't had any problems with mine on the 18 or 22. I did have to replace the guides or whatever on our 2010, but it took a few hours in the driveway. Never had a leak though.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they are not, Ive never had a problem.
Nope, not always. Maybe 1/2 of the time though. I just spent $1800 to fix the one in my wife's Expedition. It had a major failure just outside of the warranty period. And 1 of my F-150s did the same thing. But then I had some that never had an issue...

Last edited:

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flimsy plastic guides won't stand a chance against @Oldfart 's stable.

I haven't had any problems with mine on the 18 or 22. I did have to replace the guides or whatever on our 2010, but it took a few hours in the driveway. Never had a leak though.
Mine never leaked either but the plastic parts that move it broke after 5yrs since I bought it. I replaced it not to long ago. But there are alot of people that have had problems with em I've seen on this forum in one way or another. Even people with other truck brands have had similar experiences. I love having it though

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every damn vehicle my worst half gets she has to have a moonroof. Not 1 time in 20+ years have I ever seen her open one. In fact, she closes the shade most of the time. Biggest waste of money for me. When I ordered my Raptor (without including her) my salesman tried to push the moonroof on me. I said no way unless it’s free. All the money I spent over the years on a useless option. Used that money for some rims and a few beers!!!!

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI guys, you can alleviate most of the issues with the Ford moonroof by cleaning and applying Krytox to the seals. Takes about 5 minutes and you only need it every 6mo or so

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one:

Most Raptor owners specify the moonroof. The loud but vocal minority is in this group, but they're not wrong--they know the downsides.

I normally insist on a moonroof because I like them. The '15+ Ford trucks are the one time I might skip the feature because of how fragile they are--easily the least reliable sunroof I've ever seen. Ford be blaming 'lack of sunroof maintenance' like anyone that owns any other car does anything of the sort.

How much maintenance are you guys doing on your power windows? That's how silly it sounds to blame the owners for the unreliable F150 sunroofs.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The only guys that want moonroofs on a raptor are the guys that don't do raptor things with their raptors
@zombiekiller rocks or has rocked a moon roof equipped Rap for some time.
One thing about the F150 moon roof, if it’s closed, you can still send it and it won’t come crashing in on you. yeah, the tracks can be a bit... fragile, but who’s had a glass panel fall out?

I don’t like them, and don’t like Ford’s ásshole move tying the tailgate step to the moon roof. but having the moon roof doesn’t really correlate to not doing Raptor things with your Raptor.