Being offered a 22 with no Moonroof---Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had more vehicles in the past 20 years than any normal human being should. With one exception, every one has had a moonroof/pano and I’ve never had a problem with any of them. Unless you consider a clogged drain in one an issue. Easy fix.

The one exception was an M5 which had a succulent carbon fiber roof. Damn thing was a beauty if I say so myself. When I told my 30-something yr old son I got the M5, he was drooling over the phone. “Dad, that’s my dream car.” And he drove to our house from his apt in NJ to take it for a spin. For once, I was his hero.

He comes over, I hand him the key, he’s gazing over the silver metallic paint, the M badging, and he looks aghast.

“No sunroof?” he exclaims.

I retort, “Look at the roof. It’s carbon fiber, both beautiful and a weight saver.”

He replies: “I would’ve gotten a sunroof.”.

I went from hero to zero in a matter of seconds

Didn’t stop him from depositing $50 in rubber as he pulled out of the driveway.

4FE77F78-3F38-473D-985C-901E197EFBEA.jpeg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
IIRC, we ran a poll that came out pretty close to 50-50 in terms of wanting or not wanting a moonroof. I do think you're right in that the vocal "I hate the roof and would pay to delete it" crowd is small and vocal.

Maybe. There are probably people in the poll that never had an issue with the roof, but had it drilled into their head that the moonroof is evil.

Kind of like CNN polling viewers if voting in person is a threat to democracy.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP You really need to post the window sticker. Part of the reason why it may only be $3000 over MSRP is because it may not have some of the features that Ford recently had to delete because of supply chain issues. No moonroof means no power tailgate means no step in tailgate, there may be other features of the truck is missing, features you might expect on a $90,000 vehicle like a heated steering wheel. Ford had to delete some features recently and this truck may be affected by that.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no mystery deletes. It's on the window sticker - but also that impacts 23 Job 1, not 22s.

ford73

Reaction score
i have had a moonroof in every car i have owned . I ordered my 2023 raptor without one. I never use the dam things and if there is any chance of a leak I dont want it

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. Tailgate appliqué was deleted mid 2022.
Is there evidence of this? I know people deleted it on orders because of a belief it would get them built faster. Maybe it even did. But no indication that it was mysteriously deleted.

Mine definitely has it.

PXL_20221022_131209565.jpg

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there evidence of this? I know people deleted it on orders because of a belief it would get them built faster. Maybe it even did. But no indication that it was mysteriously deleted.

Mine definitely has it.

View attachment 378753

There are tons of 2022 trucks without it. I have seen probably 20+ when calling dealers trying to find an MSRP truck. There also was a bulletin, option code, and memo about it.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, but it was something that they ordered, not something that was forced on orders. There's an X code for them if they were removed. There's nothing in the product updates that a tailgate applique delete was required, nor any heated steering wheel deletes for 22MY.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The moonroof is a must have for most, but a negative for a small but louder group.
That’s just crazy talk.
IIRC, we ran a poll that came out pretty close to 50-50 in terms of wanting or not wanting a moonroof. I do think you're right in that the vocal "I hate the roof and would pay to delete it" crowd is small and vocal. Guilty!
Indeed we did and #metoo
think a lot of people that don't really want it get it anyway because that's how the dealer ordered it. More profit for the dealer. So most have it.
EXACTLY.
I do think that Ford is lame for bundling it with the power tailgate
Yes, that was a serious ässhole move.
Maybe. There are probably people in the poll that never had an issue with the roof, but had it drilled into their head that the moonroof is evil.
And there are likely people who were solidly in the camp of “love my Raptor moonroof” who have subsequently suffered a broken track
Kind of like CNN polling viewers if voting in person is a threat to democracy.
Let’s run a FRF Poll
“Are Raptor Moonroof deniers a threat to FRF” ?

;-)