Being offered a 22 with no Moonroof---Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten the moonroof on my last 3 ford trucks and it's only because it's the panoramic roof. If it was just a standard moonroof, I wouldn't get it. My kids enjoy panoramic roof, so that's why I opt for it.

But just like others have stated. It does increase the risk of failure.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys this will be my first Raptor.
I am getting offered a 22 with no Monroof or the Recaros for only 3K above MSRP. It's not the exact way I'd build it, but I like the color. This will be my first car in ten years without a Moonroof.
Is it normal in the raptor world to spend 90k on a truck without a moonroof, or was this an untasteful build by the dealer?
Have they fixed the moonroof issues in the 2022's?
Thanks
You gotta really want a moonroof. They're a PITA on the F150

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I'll go against the grain a bit. You are probably able to get it for only 3k over because it does not have the moonroof.

The moonroof is a must have for most, but a negative for a small but louder group. I talked to one those guys that buys Raptor that are basically new and sells them used, the moonroof was the one must have. FWIW.

I like the moonroof but if the choice was to have a Raptor or not, I would go without.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally love it - have only closed the shade once and briefly in ownership. Before I ordered I was speaking to someone who had a Gen 2 Raptor previously and mentioned that I didn't think I'd want it. He told me I was 100% wrong and it was one of the better features. Can't argue with him, even if you don't open the actual glass, it really improves the feel in the cabin to open the shade.

You mention 90k and 3k over. I don't think it's possible to land at 87k MSRP with no moonroof or blue interior. Might want to verify that pricing.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The moonroof is a must have for most, but a negative for a small but louder group. I talked to one those guys that buys Raptor that are basically new and sells them used, the moonroof was the one must have. FWIW.
IIRC, we ran a poll that came out pretty close to 50-50 in terms of wanting or not wanting a moonroof. I do think you're right in that the vocal "I hate the roof and would pay to delete it" crowd is small and vocal. Guilty! I think a lot of people that don't really want it get it anyway because that's how the dealer ordered it. More profit for the dealer. So most have it. I do think that Ford is lame for bundling it with the power tailgate. I don't want either option myself, so I'm over it, but two unrelated options should not be bundled. Unless you're greedy and happy to screw the end user to make your customers, the dealers, happier. And since I won't own Ford stock until the class B shares go away, I'm not cheering that greed. Anyway, I doubt that not ordering a moonroof will hurt private resale. If you're trading? The dealer will use any excuse to lower your number. If you fall for their *********, it's on you.

Edit to add: "büllshit" is no-go but "*********" is OK? Fücking computers. I hate them.
Edit again: "shit" is OK but "büll shit" is not? This is getting entertaining.