Being offered a 22 with no Moonroof---Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2019 and now own a 2022 Raptor both special ordered specifically without the sunroof. Have an explorer with a sunroof and have opened it twice in four years. I agree with others it’s just a point of failure and not very useful.

hierlevelz

Reaction score
I ordered mine without - didn't want the weight or additional maintenance. I plan to keep the truck fore a long time and I park outside and am afraid over time it will fail.
The unfortunate thing for me is Ford packages the power lift gate with the sunroof and I would much prefer to have the powered gate. Like many others I never use the sunroof/moonroof on any of my vehicles past or present and some of my older vehicles always developed a leak from the drains getting clogged with debris.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be the oddball, but I got my truck as an allocation that was never picked up. I had no choice in options, and didn’t even know what an 801a package was.

To my luck, I couldn’t have a 37pp because it would fit in my garage, and I love the moonroof simply for the views .the power tailgate is a plus with the step, I use it daily (I’m short) to load my MTB rig in the bed haha. If she fails, welp, that’s on Fords dime. But so far, 2 hurricanes in north Florida and a crap ton of rain and not a single issue.