Behind the seat subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
small disappointing update. the box is still being finished up, however due to having to attend my grandmothers funeral and burial, i am not able to make the complete mold of this box for future builds. they do however fit and will work awesome, i just will need another truck to finish up the mold process so they can be produced at a quicker rate. the customer has been generous enough to have his truck here for 2 weeks but 4 of those days were lost attending the funeral, and more time lost due to having a couple sick employees. he unfortunately needs to pick up the truck this weekend completed so i have had to put the mold process on hold until i can get another truck in here to finish it up. he has gone with a complete audio overhaul which includes the mosconi processor, 2 arc audio amps focal front and rear speakers and of course the dual 8" woofers in the box behind the seat. so my main priority is to get his truck completed so i have another happy customer. maybe another one of you local guys wants to drop their truck off here sometime in the near future. mine is not a good candidate for this because i have too much stuff behind my seat as it is, but if necessary, i can remove it all to complete the process

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No......

I'd drive all the way to California for a free SYSTEM.

Really - I'd drive to California right now for any reason. It's friggin' winter time here!!!!!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
epic failure.

the subwoofers physically fit in the box behind the rear seat, however, because of the seat design, you can not fully lift the bottom portion. when you lift the bottom portion of the seat, the seat back moves almost 2 inches toward the rear of the vehicle. with the box in place, the seat hits the box and prevents it from going past about 50 degrees therefore not allowing the seat to lock in the up position. after measuring the distance with the seat in the fully up position, there is NO woofer that will fit in there. pioneer makes the shallowest woofer and it physically fits, but the problem is that it has less than 1/4 inch of space. not enough for a box or woofer excursion. so the behind the seat sub idea is now in the trash. unless you dont mind not being able to lift the seat fully, but i think that is the whole idea for this setup. i have spoken to the customer and we have decided to do the standard 10in under the 1/3 side. kinda sucks i didnt think this through when i first test fitted the woofer. i think we were all too excited that it fit back there and didnt realize that the seat back moves so much. if anyone wants a dual 8" box for behind the seat and doesnt care about the seat folding up, let me know, i can sell you this one