Behind the seat subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing fancy, but here they are out of the truck. this will eventually be a sub box although it doesnt really look like anything right now

Attachments

• tmp_7957-IMG_20150124_125511919333210475.jpg
    tmp_7957-IMG_20150124_125511919333210475.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 75

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
very interested to see how this turns out.

I don't need a killer system, but better than stock would be nice and I've got a '12 with nav so I'd like to keep the factory HU. Any updated idea for a price range for something along those lines since the box will be half the size?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very interested to see how this turns out.

I don't need a killer system, but better than stock would be nice and I've got a '12 with nav so I'd like to keep the factory HU. Any updated idea for a price range for something along those lines since the box will be half the size?

not sure yet. once i get this built, i need to make the box for the current truck here in the shop. my plan is to be able to build the complete box without the need for a test fit. since i have so much equipment behind my seats, my truck is not a good candidate for test fitting. once this mold process is done, i will see how long it takes to build the box. the other thing, is i use a marine grade fiberglass so the cost in parts are more expensive than the standard fiberglass.

So would you use the seat belt studs as a mounting point?

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

yes, my goal is to have holes located where the seat bolts are and then a mount of some kind on top. the holes will be reinforced fiberglass and secure the bottom of the box. the mounting up top will keep the woofer box from moving, thus not allowing it to come off the seat bolts. there are 2 things you will need to do to get this box in. cut the rear carpet and move the power window lines. all you need is a little tape to tape the power window cable into the channel that is already there and trim the carpet to the shape of the subwoofer box. after that, it should drop right in.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't wait to see this! Myself and another local fellow raptor owner are in the market as now for something.