GEN 2 Behind the Grille BD Light Bar--Cooling Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've searched around on this and haven't found much. I'm planning to install the BD 30" S8 behind the grille light bar kit on my Gen 2. I'd like to know whether anyone with this setup has noticed any impact on airflow to/cooling efficiency of the radiator. I live in Cali and will be spending some time in the desert. Thanks.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Baja 30” S8 is a rather slim profile light. Not going to block enough air flow to the radiator to cause any issues with cooling.

We’ve sold tons of these kits and never had any issues.

Sn6Bi4O.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
+1. I have the s8 behind the grille, fine under normal, off roading and pretty much any other usage.

OP
OP
CigarPundit

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Chris, can you post a shot with the XL80s on hood mounts?

OP
OP
CigarPundit

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, okay, I'm sold. That looks freaking awesome. The BD mounts don't interfere with the antenna, right?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've searched around on this and haven't found much. I'm planning to install the BD 30" S8 behind the grille light bar kit on my Gen 2. I'd like to know whether anyone with this setup has noticed any impact on airflow to/cooling efficiency of the radiator. I live in Cali and will be spending some time in the desert. Thanks.

You won't have issues. The IC on the F150s is mounted on the bottom, so that bottom grill is where the air comes in for your IC. The S8 bar is slim enough that your upper fans will still have PLENTY of room to bring in air as well. We stock these and sell them all the time. Never had a single complaint (other then "hey I want to run 2 of these!")

Check em out here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-30-s8-grille-led-light-bar-kit/

OP
OP
CigarPundit

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, no interference

Are the BD A pillar mounts tucked back next to the windshield/antenna like the SDHQ mounts? It’s hard to find a good picture of the BD mounts that gives me a precise location, but if can find lots of pictures of the SDHQ mounts and they are right where I want them.