GEN 2 Behind grill lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Chino

Reaction score
I have the SVC smurf front bumper without a light hoop[emoji19](when I ordered I had a different idea of front lighting). I have some lights laying around from a fog pocket kit and plan on mounting them inside the grill. Plan is amber S2’s in the upper corners and squadrons in the lower corners. Question is should I run the pro wide cornering or the racer spots, both clear lens? Got the idea from [mention]zombiekiller [/mention] build. Pic from his build4844272849f9f118a495c7c3e3e38a36.jpg

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
wide cornering. The racers will be a waste. ( the grill will ruin any real distance that they'd get). Racers also run hotter. While the lights end up being tucked to the sides where they don't impede airflow, the ambient heat that racers will generate if left on will make things toastier at low speeds.

I use mine as front-facing dust lights when offroad and as hazard lights when on-road ( they're all wired to switchpros and programmed to strobe on double press)

OP
OP
1Chino

1Chino

Reaction score
Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks. Did you mount directly to the plastic radiator shroud or did you add any reinforcement?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, brackets for sure. You don’t want them bouncing around in the grille area and you certainly don’t want them coming loose.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zombiekiller you guys are out there doing a lot of high speed runs off road correct? If your set up can with stand what your putting it through mine should be fine. I’ve got Rigid pods in the bumper pockets and 10” duals in whims the grill up top was looking at adding a 40-50” light bar attached to the front bumper any recommendations? Thinking of keeping it Ridgid but I’m pretty much open to all brands.

OP
OP
1Chino

1Chino

Reaction score
I ended up just modifying some washers on both sides of the plastic shroud, it’s fairly thick. I don’t go as hard as zombiekiller but I have gone over some whoops and small jumps a good number of times with the lights installed and they haven’t moved