Behind Grill LED light instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haletwin23

Reaction score
I recently bought the Baja designs squadron pro behind the grill light kit from specialty performance parts. I am planning on getting those installed this weekend. Just recently replaced the fog lights as well. If I get it installed this weekend I can post some photos. Baja designs does have instructions that come with the kit. Also, there is another light bar option M&R automotive, and I like their instructions more than Baja for taking off the grill. Planning on using both sets of instructions.

OP
OP
MDRAPTR

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the Baja designs squadron pro behind the grill light kit from specialty performance parts. I am planning on getting those installed this weekend. Just recently replaced the fog lights as well. If I get it installed this weekend I can post some photos. Baja designs does have instructions that come with the kit. Also, there is another light bar option M&R automotive, and I like their instructions more than Baja for taking off the grill. Planning on using both sets of instructions.
Awesome thanks….

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a link for the Squadron Kit, but the brackets and disassembly/reassembly of the truck will be the same.

Only difference will be the mounting of the bars and the wiring will be a little different, but we'd be happy to walk you through it.

I've got the kit with the 2 10" OnX6+ light bars in stock (both amber and clear lenses versions) and ready to ship with forum pricing. Feel free to send me a PM if we can assist.

Last edited:

doberman

Reaction score
I started to install them, then got to the point in the linked instructions (#4) where it says to find the hidden bolts on the underside. But on the Raptor, you have panels covering the underside, which I am assuming must be removed. I stopped there. Need to find time to remove all of that to proceed.

Haletwin23

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply back. Got them installed last week. Was actually pretty easy. Save yourself some time and skip step 4 on the Baja instructions, you won’t find anything. Other than that the instructions are pretty good. Someone also posted a video on YouTube last week maybe that will help a bit as well. Attached is a photo and also instructions from a different light bar kit that might help more in getting the grill off. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Gen3_Dual40_Light_Bar.pdf
    944.9 KB · Views: 39
  • F73654D0-91A8-4E2E-B9B5-88CDD64EC574.jpeg
    F73654D0-91A8-4E2E-B9B5-88CDD64EC574.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
MDRAPTR

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply back. Got them installed last week. Was actually pretty easy. Save yourself some time and skip step 4 on the Baja instructions, you won’t find anything. Other than that the instructions are pretty good. Someone also posted a video on YouTube last week maybe that will help a bit as well. Attached is a photo and also instructions from a different light bar kit that might help more in getting the grill off. Hope this helps.
Awesome thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't found any mention of this, anyone know if these BD lights conflict with front mount intercoolers?
On the Gen 2, you could not run any BD lights with an aftermarket FMIC. From what I've seen so far, the space looks the same as the entire grille assembly gets removed on the Gen 3 for aftermarket intercoolers as well.