GEN 2 Began the weekend as a Gen 2 and ended as a Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s was the $15 wheel speed sensor that brought the truck to its knees. If your heading off-road spend $30 for a left and right sensor to take with you. Simple on trail fix.

LoL. I’m starting to understand why people hate on Ford.

I bought a 2013 raptor with 32k miles on it in August, no blown shocks or anything bad, just needed new tires.

The fuse for the fuel pump blew while I was 7000 feet up in black mountain in Idyllwild Ca and had to catch ride back home with some strangers. Long story short, I replaced the blown fuse so I could drive it home, drove straight to the Ford dealer and purchased the fuel pump fuse relocation kit and installed it the same day.

I’ve lost all confidence in this truck and in Ford in general after reading numerous problem threads on here and “the other site”.

I’m coming from a brand new 2017 Tacoma TRD off road which is nice but is slow as ice and too small on the inside.

I plan on keeping my Raptor until the new Tundras come out (not the 2019, the next gen with a new engine) and will get a TRD Pro and call it a day.

I rock climb outdoors 2-4 times a month and the last thing I ever want to deal with is getting trapped on a mountain with no service because of ****** electrical gremlins. /rant

D

Deleted member 12951

LoL. I’m starting to understand why people hate on Ford.

I bought a 2013 raptor with 32k miles on it in August, no blown shocks or anything bad, just needed new tires.

The fuse for the fuel pump blew while I was 7000 feet up in black mountain in Idyllwild Ca and had to catch ride back home with some strangers. Long story short, I replaced the blown fuse so I could drive it home, drove straight to the Ford dealer and purchased the fuel pump fuse relocation kit and installed it the same day.

I’ve lost all confidence in this truck and in Ford in general after reading numerous problem threads on here and “the other site”.

I’m coming from a brand new 2017 Tacoma TRD off road which is nice but is slow as ice and too small on the inside.

I plan on keeping my Raptor until the new Tundras come out (not the 2019, the next gen with a new engine) and will get a TRD Pro and call it a day.

I rock climb outdoors 2-4 times a month and the last thing I ever want to deal with is getting trapped on a mountain with no service because of ****** electrical gremlins. /rant

Yes Toyota rules and Ford sucks. Bet you can’t wait for Toyota soon enough. Hope the wait isn’t too painful for you.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Toyota rules and Ford sucks. Bet you can’t wait for Toyota soon enough. Hope the wait isn’t too painful for you.

I'm not going to go that far because I loved my 2014 focus ST. That was my first car I ever bought new. Before that I drove an acura MDX, RSX-S, Lancer Evolution IX. I have no brand loyalty, I just want something that's fun, looks good and is reliable.

I just purchased/installed brand new Falken Wildpeak AT3's on the Raptor and that, plus the alignment I had done at Clarks House of Suspension has made this a brand new truck. The dealer sold me the truck with 5 year old, sun-dried KO2's and the truck drove like dog shit.

Next up I'd like to get a tonneu cover and tint.