GEN 2 Began the weekend as a Gen 2 and ended as a Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a significant electronic failure on a run this weekend. Lost all of my drive modes, no active trac, hill descent control or hill start assist, ABS warning light is on the dash, the Raptor offroad screen on the dash has no data, cruise control is dead and the steering is firmer than normal. To top it off the temperature gauge is frozen at 61 degrees while outside its was 102. There are at least 20 codes that I can see in Forscan.

The good news is that the truck ran after these issues. I had to switch between 2H and 4H by turning the dial, Gen 1 style.

On trail consulting suggested it might be a problem with the wheel speed sensors. Back to the dealers, again.

...and people want to buy the '19 with electronic shocks?!

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I hope you’re back in business soon. keep us updated.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
That blows! Glad it didn’t ruin the weekend. GL, I hope it gets fixed quick and easy.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a body control module fault.
It runs low on the frame, not far from the down pipes.

Be curious to see what it is.

Had a significant electronic failure on a run this weekend. Lost all of my drive modes, no active trac, hill descent control or hill start assist. ABS warning light is on the dash, and the Raptor offroad screen on the dash has no data. Cruise Control is dead and the steering is much firmer than normal. To top it off the temperature gauge is frozen at 61 degrees. There are at least 20 codes that I can see in Forscan.

The good news is that the truck ran well after these issues. I had to switch between 2H and 4H by turning the dial vs pushing a button, Gen 1 style, and the firmer steering was fine on dirt but less so on pavement.

Some on trial consulting suggested it might be a problem with the wheel speed sensors or a torn steering boot. Back to the dealers for another 1-2 weeks.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a significant electronic failure on a run this weekend. Lost all of my drive modes, no active trac, hill descent control or hill start assist, ABS warning light is on the dash, the Raptor offroad screen on the dash has no data, cruise control is dead and the steering is firmer than normal. To top it off the temperature gauge is frozen at 61 degrees while outside its was 102. There are at least 20 codes that I can see in Forscan.

The good news is that the truck ran after these issues. I had to switch between 2H and 4H by turning the dial, Gen 1 style.

On trail consulting suggested it might be a problem with the wheel speed sensors. Back to the dealers, again.

Did you get it fixed? What was it?

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same strange shit...really does not build confidence for longer Baja trips. I wish we could turn off all this shit with a couple of buttons.

OP
OP
Clockton

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It’s was the $15 wheel speed sensor that brought the truck to its knees. If your heading off-road spend $30 for a left and right sensor to take with you. Simple on trail fix.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Do you have a part number? Seems like a great couple parts to have in the truck.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happed to me. A dang squirrel chewed through the rear speed sensor