Before and after rust spots removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Oldraptor 1

Reaction score
Had 3 deep rust bubbles, on my Gen 1 that were pretty deep. Lucky I got to them in time. I think they did a great job. Wish I had a wider shot before of all 3 rust bubble.

OP
OP
O

Oldraptor 1

Reaction score
I never found out what caused it. Now I have to have the cab checked out at some point, with the known F150 rust issue at the bottom. It kind of looks like someone repaired it, but I can't tell. Will post pics in the next day or so to get everyone's feedback.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never found out what caused it. Now I have to have the cab checked out at some point, with the known F150 rust issue at the bottom. It kind of looks like someone repaired it, but I can't tell. Will post pics in the next day or so to get everyone's feedback.
From the pictures I would suspect the roof received little attention during vehicle cleanings. It’s not uncommon for bird droppings or tree sap to sit and eat through the clear coat and paint over time which would explain those rust spots. However I could be completely wrong and it was just a defect during your trucks build. Bottom line is you had it corrected and it looks like they did a great job!

djevox

Reaction score
How much were you charged, and did they respray the entire roof?

OP
OP
O

Oldraptor 1

Reaction score
Around $700. For that they fixed and repainted the entire roof, and also did the hood, where there was cracking in the paint on both sides, which I am guessing was heat from the engine. They matched the paint really well considering it is a 10 year old truck, and they did a few touch up spots as well. I think it was a good price.