Been waiting for a V8 Raptor since 2015. Sucks about Raptor R's fate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Economic models are probably showing them that the delayed launch will be putting them right in the middle of an even deeper recession than we are already in. Sucks, but I don’t blame them.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you've been reading too many random internet sources imho.

I just can't see Ford dropping a high margin halo vehicle.

I will agree it's probably going to be hard to grab one and even harder to grab one without an ADM
ADM is 50 k

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with other that you should get a Gen3 or TRX now and enjoy it instead of waiting for possibly years on the R. There's no doubt Ford can make the 5.2 work. We're at the end of the ICE and with chip shortages and everything else it might be a 1 or 2 year only truck for $100k minimum.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Economic models are probably showing them that the delayed launch will be putting them right in the middle of an even deeper recession than we are already in. Sucks, but I don’t blame them.
This is why it drives me nuts that Ford can’t get out of its own way. Farley on the news gas lighting Musk on EVs yet his company thinks it’s prudent to put vehicles on streets missing chips. When Tesla faced a chip shortage, they went and found another chip and rewrote the code to make it work. Guess what, deliveries skyrocketed. Tesla produced 300k vehicles last qtr to Ford’s 521k. Leadership here is brutal. Focus on what the people want like a SC V8 in a Baja truck and build plenty of them. Complete BS they announce in Feb 21 and here we are 14 mo later none the wiser (cept for some stupid pirate emoji, what a class act).

Rant Over

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why it drives me nuts that Ford can’t get out of its own way. Farley on the news gas lighting Musk on EVs yet his company thinks it’s prudent to put vehicles on streets missing chips. When Tesla faced a chip shortage, they went and found another chip and rewrote the code to make it work. Guess what, deliveries skyrocketed. Tesla produced 300k vehicles last qtr to Ford’s 521k. Leadership here is brutal. Focus on what the people want like a SC V8 in a Baja truck and build plenty of them. Complete BS they announce in Feb 21 and here we are 14 mo later none the wiser (cept for some stupid pirate emoji, what a class act).

Rant Over
Don’t buy into muskrat’s BS. The man is a sociopath and a con artist. Tesla literally removed an entire module from the steering system without doing any validation testing due to the chip shortage.

For Tesla, the consumer is the beta tester; they’ll ship vehicles at any expense. They eliminated all ADAS radar to save cost/improve production and are trying to operate their ridiculously named “full self driving” on cameras alone, with disasterous results. It’s an SAE L2 system just like every other manufacturer has, they just allow it to operate in situations it’s not capable of handling. They’re currently under investigation by NHTSA and may be forced to recall the vehicles that are capable of being operated without verification of driver attentiveness. No automaker except for Tesla so blatantly deviates from standards and protocols and has their narcissist of a CEO brag about it on Twitter.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
V8 Raptor is definitely not cancelled! And is a lot closer to production than most people on here think.
I hope this is true. I liked my 2020 Raptor but could never fall in love with it. I know the 3.5 EcoPoop is a good motor, but the fake engine sound piped into the truck eventually made me make a switch to the TRX. I just couldn’t get past that. The old school in me loves the sound of a V8.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Same here… been waiting since 2017 when I get my first gen 2. Traded it for a profit after 40k miles for a TRX (big mistake) and then jumped into another gen 2 just to carry my to the Raptor R. The R got pushed out at least a year so I got a gen 3…. I’m seeing a pattern here… Hopefully the R comes in Q3 2022!