Been A Lurker For Awhile, Now Getting Serious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Bones

Reaction score
I've always been a GM guy, once I bought at Dodge Ram, but I was weak at that point and went back to GM in 18 months after lemon-lawing it. My wife's car was just totaled for her and now we're looking for something to replace it. She said she'd take me 2011 Silverado 2500 HD with the tuned Duramax and I could get another truck. I told her that we don't need 2 trucks, I'd rather she have a car, but since her accident she feels safer in my truck. (Her car was a BMW 650i which is a pretty stout car, if it was a lesser Japanese car she probably would be injured pretty good vs just being banged up.)

Getting back on point, I hate the new GM trucks, I won't own another Mopar product, the Ford SD's don't do it for me, but something about a Raptor gets me all weak at the knees. I live in SoCal and all the dealers want stupid mark-up on the Raptors like between $15-25k. I've found a few in the Midwest that the dealers are taking a couple grand off of sticker, but since I don't have FU money to throw around I need to see and drive the truck before I part with my hard earned Benjamins. Then I have to make sure it's got the Commifornia emissions or it's a 50 state vehicle, then shipping. I can get it shipped for about $1500 in an enclosed trailer. If I could get a truck at sticker (I've never paid sticker or over on any vehicle, ever), here in SoCal I'd get it here, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I'm pretty specific on what I want - Oxford white, 802A package, no sunroof (don't want squeaks or leaks, plus lack of structural integrity in a roll-over), no tech package (don't need all the nanny BS), carbon fiber interior, rear seat heaters, and spray in bed liner. I can get the Raptor decals on eBay or Amazon for less than $200 for a complete set so I won't feel so bad if I decide don't want them versus paying close to $2,000 for them from the factory. That sets the truck at about $67,795

I've been perusing the site for awhile, even before my wife's accident now this has sped up things. Does this forum have any go-to dealers for the best deals on Raptors?

Thanks in advance and hope to become part of the community real soon.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty specific Ray. I would say you are stuck ordering (which sucks by the way), unless you can be more flexible. Most dealer orders have one or both of the decal pkgs, moonroof, and the tech pkg. They think that people who want the 802A pkg want to go all out.

OP
OP
Ray Bones

Ray Bones

Reaction score
That's pretty specific Ray. I would say you are stuck ordering (which sucks by the way), unless you can be more flexible. Most dealer orders have one or both of the decal pkgs, moonroof, and the tech pkg. They think that people who want the 802A pkg want to go all out.
Yeah, that's what I'm finding out, if it's got the 802A package it's got the sunroof and the tech package - the 2 things I don't want. I haven't found a dealer local to me that will even consider selling at sticker, all I get is "We'll make you feel good about what you paid for it". That sounds like you won't pay $25k over sticker, but you will pay over sticker; So I haven't even gotten to the point of asking about ordering one.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use Autotrader or Listingallcars to filter on the items you want. There may be some out there. In my search recently I came across exactly what you are looking for (only in Magnetic and in VA). I passed on it cuz it didn’t have the tech pkg.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
as others have noted, the 802a trucks are mostly dealer orders; that is, not ordered by customers, because they sell one and take an all expenses just paid to Tahiti for a month. There’s a few dealers on here and if memory serves me correctly, there’s a dealer in Nevada who has a pretty solid rep here. Good luck finding a Raptor at less than $5k over MSRP in CA.

There was one or 2 in NM also, but it’s not always consistent. just be ready to go when you talk to them. if they hem and haw about the pricing, move on, don’t waste time talking to them because they’ll bait you in and tack on ADM. I bought in Jan ’17 and got MSRP ( and i was either going to like it or pay more ). Now, the market is much better and you should be able to secure under MSRP now. I would just be straight up - I want this truck, I’ll pay - as an example - 66k out the door. they’ll either take it or they won’t.