Bedside LED Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @clark98ut for the idea!

I was in Harbor Freight a few months ago and came across a Spot LED cube for something like $15 on clearance. I couldn't pass on that, even though it was a Harbor Freight light. I had enjoyed @clark98ut's install and I thought this LED could fit the bill. It won't be exposed to the weather so I figured it should be OK. Then if I do like and use this light a lot when out camping, then I can always upgrade the light to a Rigid or BD. But this little experiment, the $15 LED was just fine.

LED Light.jpg

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found some old speaker wire I had laying around that turned out to be the exact length I needed. It must have been destined for this application.

Speaker Wire.jpg

I also bought some shrink-fit wire connectors that I'd never used before, but wanted to try them out since they looked like they would work great for this application.

Wire Connectors.jpg

And then I wanted to put the wires into a sheath or sleeve to give them a little more protection. So I used this product off of Amazon. It worked great!

Sheathing.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I spent some of Sunday afternoon with this install. It was really nice out to work on the Raptor. Had fun fishing the wire through the passenger side frame from the rear of the truck to the front. Pretty much the same path I used for the BD S2 reverse lights I installed last year. I got it all done and it works great!! Here are some shots of the finished product.Final Install From Outside.jpg

Final Install From Inside.jpg

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool! Assuming you did one on each BuiltRight beside panel?

Thanks!! That might be in the near future. Right now I only did the one side where we would get the most use out of. It's the same side of the truck that our RV door is located. So that is the "living" side of the RV where we would have chairs, tables, fire rings, etc. If this works out as well as it looks like, then I will likely install a drivers side light too.

Last edited: