GEN 2 Bedrack Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.....

I do like the craftmanship with the Raptor / Ford / Claw Mark logos and such. Not sure that would work here in the U.S., probably trademark infringements. I like the crinkled powder coat.

But, I just don't see the usefulness of it? It's supporting the light bars, I get that, but you basically made the bed useless to get to stuff in it, if you needed to. Looks like you'd have to crawl under, or reach over?

And there "might" be a weight issue. Not sure what your rack weighs, but I've seen other pics of Raptors with bed cages that the bedsides began to buckle because it couldn't support the weight.

And you get a DOH! for blacking out your plate pic in one picture, and you didn't in the other picture.

But as I mentioned, I think you have great craftsmanship! I could never do something like that, congrats!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah i have to agree, that is a lot of wieght riding on just the bed rails. im assuming the intention would be to mount a tire on that? seems like a lot of metal with very little use. maybe instead have the slant go to the second pillar and then take the third out to the end of the bed and make it flat? would have a slight overland style function then... I love when people arnt afraid to do new things just not sure what the overall intended use is for the current design.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the stance of this Raptor, not so much the under lighting but don't hate it. The overall look is strong in the daylight.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says raptor right?? Lol that's an awful lot of the word raptor onna rack. Where it's angled down, is it supposed to be a spare tire carrier?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes....looks very uhhh...dysfunctional. And says Ford and Raptor an awful lot for not being a licensed product...

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because you CAN bolt a bunch of off roady bits to a truck, does not mean you SHOULD.

The red rock crawl lights serve no purpose. The chase rack is way too big. And not a fan of big rims on an off road truck.

But...you do you. looks like what was done was installed nice. just not my cup of tea.