Bed/Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDT-G23

Reaction score
On the last 6 trucks I've owned (5 F250 diesels and 1 F150), I've installed Retrax Pro/Pro MX - as I believe they are the best money can buy. That said, I'm thinking about a BackFlip MX4 this time to avoid having the "can" at the front of this fairly small truck bed. Anybody have experience with this product or have another you think is better? Thanks.

Last edited:

mclark202

Reaction score
Not sure on what is better, but for the money I just bought a back flip mx4 as well from tonneau factory outlet. I called them for the best price and it was $879 shipped to my door.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bakflip Mx4 that I got installed and bought with my bedliner. Line-X gives you free installation and a lifetime warranty instead of the normal like 3-5 year warranty. It’s solid and very stealthy looking. You can use the whole bed too if you need to.

OP
OP
RDT-G23

RDT-G23

Reaction score
I have the bakflip Mx4 that I got installed and bought with my bedliner. Line-X gives you free installation and a lifetime warranty instead of the normal like 3-5 year warranty. It’s solid and very stealthy looking. You can use the whole bed too if you need to.
You have summarized my attraction to it. The Retrax Pro MX is as stout as anything there is-(probably stronger)-but it has a can at the front-that steals some space from these girly man beds (sorry everyone, I come from larger trucks-not used to this sized bed.) Actually, I've always said (until this point) that if it didn't have 8 lugs , it was a car with a bed... I'm now trying to be more civilized...

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only downside of when you use the whole bed is it folds up and blocks your back windows like this picture:
8F52E86C-D298-43D4-8668-C64734957F13.jpeg