bed size of the raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hootey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my one concern with getting a raptor is the 6' bed that comes with it. i am a construction worker and constantly have to bring all sorts of material to and from job sites..
8' beds of a regular f150 come in handy. many building materials fit in perfectly

i guess i am asking if anyone has any issues with the bed size of the raptor. if you do any kind of work that requires you to use the bed to haul things is it easy enough to get material in and out

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bed is 5.5. It would depend on what you plan on carrying in the bed. I carry a 12' bass boat in mine with no issues, just strap it in and go, but it is square and takes up the entire bed width wise.

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate to let you down... but it's a 5 1/2' bed! 65"

Definitely small. But then again, this truck is NOT meant to haul large loads, or replace a "work truck" by any means. Limited payload capacity, limited towing capacity.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i am an electrician and use my truck for side work. yes sometimes i wish it was bigger but it never stopped me from hauling anything, i never had to get another truck to haul it or go get my trailer.

OP
OP
Hootey

Hootey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i know its 5.5' bed i just bumped it to 6' to make myself feel better about it. i dont think i would have a problem with work because i would just be like oh i cant haul that sorry. and ill just have to take the work truck.. i would only use it for personally hauling anyway, and if i had to do any major hauling in the bed i would just use my dump truck haha

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The Raptor has taught me one thing as far as the 5.5' bed goes. Everything in the world is 6' long and doesn't want to fit in the bed (furniture, dirt bikes, etc...)

I don't care though, it's worth the trade off.

OP
OP
Hootey

Hootey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor has taught me one thing as far as the 5.5' bed goes. Everything in the world is 6' long and doesn't want to fit in the bed (furniture, dirt bikes, etc...)

I don't care though, it's worth the trade off.

yeah i will definately take that trade off, just hook my trailer up and i can haul anything so no need for the bed anyway haha