Bed Rugs - Would you do it again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been a bit since I’ve been on here…..long story short….my dealer made me an insane offer for my 19’ earlier this year….so, I traded into a Navigator. I’m a truck guy….so, just ordered a 22’ Gen 3 yesterday.

I’ve run spray-in bedliners with Retrax or Roll n Locks on most of my trucks. Going with Bakflip this time and thinking about a bed rug? For those of you that run Rugs….would you do it again? What do you like and not like about them?

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second this question.....I have had plastic liners and rhino liner both with bedbug mat (kind of best of both worlds) but this time I am thinking no liner and just bedrug the whole bed.....They are padded and I really like the mat but I take the bed mat out and shake it off often so I don't know how well it will work with the full bed rug

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a full bed rug with a backflip and bed extender. I really enjoy my bed rug. It cleans easy and protects what ever I put back there.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my bed rug but I don't haul gravel, mulch etc. I would definitely buy another!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a BedRug for several years now it has held up pretty well. If I haul limbs or dirt I put a tarp down first makes clean up much easier. I bought an extra tape kit when I installed. I like it and it is soft to crawl on.

019.JPG020.JPG

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Best place to buy the bed rugs? Any sponsors on this site? Also, wanting to get a new pedal commander.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rick at Freedom Motorsport hooked me up. I like mine. I would get better Velcro for the outside edges by the opening. Mine have came loose over the years. Also run the Velcro all the way down not in sections.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BedRug is awesome as long as it’s installed properly and with care. It’s non-absorbent. Water just sits on top of the material until it evaporates. Same for any other liquid. Power wash makes cleaning it easy. Or also has 1/4” padding… I’ve laid back there for a while. Pretty nice

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best place to buy the bed rugs? Any sponsors on this site? Also, wanting to get a new pedal commander.
Bought through, and installed by local dealer. They actually did a terrible job with the initial install, and the parts guy personally apologized to me and oversaw the re-install of another one. Didn’t even charge me for the labor. Getting the cutouts for the lights and tie-downs correct takes a slight bit of effort but worth it.

FlaRod

Reaction score
I have had one for about a year and a half. My Retrax is a bit leaky.... So, the bed rug gets wet often because of the rains in Florida during the summer. No mold, that I know of -- maybe underneath? That is the only drawback I have found and the retrax is half to blame for it. Other than that, I love being able to crawl back into the bed without destroying my knees and we have taken it to the beach, and is a comfortable surface to sit and kneel on. In that respect it is hands down better than a Line-x or Rhino liner. I think with a better cover, or maybe a better cover and better installation, the bed rug is hard to beat honestly... I just vacuum mine out with a shop vac.... Now.... If I was hauling dirt or mulch all the time, I would just get Line-X and call it good.