Bed rack with Tonneau Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tooterfish

Reaction score
Im planning to have an undercover armor flex installed on my truck tomorrow. Im taking my truck to an offroad shop to purchase and install - the guy there said he has seen overlanding bed rack systems installed with the right adapters but that I should do my research first.

Admittedly, I dont know where to start. Ive looked at some images and Im struggling with the realization that it may be one or the other, unless anyone knows of a combo that works.

Sorry if this has been discussed before recenrly.

Mbone87

Reaction score
The Retrax Pro XR roll up tonneau cover has t-slot rails on the top of the bed rails which work with the frontrunner slimline II rack. I had that setup on my older f150 and have seen others with the same. Front runners website has a picture of a gen 2 raptor with this setup on there site.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Pace Edwards also has T slots as well. And wouldn’t you know it…I’m trying to sell mine.

ArtiG

Reaction score

Mannyrz

Just me
Reaction score
I just recently installed the aluminum 10 inch on voodoo modular rack with the tonneau brackets.. with a bak revolver x4s.. was really impressed with the tonneau cover thought I was going to be disappointed coming a from a retrax revolver which I really liked.. by the way I know the truck is squatting got the deavers +3 on order but there still a couple of weeks out

Attachments

• 7E3E4C3D-2DF0-464E-BEBB-FC220B496464.jpeg
    7E3E4C3D-2DF0-464E-BEBB-FC220B496464.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 169

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I upgraded my Retrax rails to the XP Pro this year so that I could integrate the Yakima Rack. This is the third F-150 I have migrated the Retrax setup on. I really like it because it's a clean look with the rack and can be closed to any position, depending on what's in the bed. The rack I grabbed was the Yakima Overhaul HD. I'm really impressed with the solid build of this unit. And, I really like that I can easily loosen the rack and slide them out of the rails on the Retrax when not in use. I use it to haul the kids surf boards, as opposed to a full bed of luggage where the boards hit the wind at a compromising angle. I have not overlanded with them for camping. Although I did hit the dunes with a pair of surf boards strapped to the Yakima, they held perfectly. and the setup worked great at 90 mph. The Overhaul HDs are rated at 500 lbs., which I may convince the wife that we should upgrade to an overloading tent.

Two downsides are, the bed cover locks but can be forced open with minimal effort. It's not the most secure solution. Second, the rollup bin takes up 11 inches of bed space.

I do highly recommend both.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Tooterfish Feel free to PM me at any time, being that we own the Undercover line, as well as other big-name brands mentioned above, I can offer some really good pricing on these products, as well as most others on our site, and be able to possibly point you in the direction of a bed rack that would best suit your needs

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the Retrax XP Pro with the Yakima overhaul HD. Since I need to haul kayaks, I need the height but they also make a shorter version that sits at about mid window for rooftop tents and such. You can also see the low mounts, where I can mount my rhino rack cross bars and basket in conjunction with the rack. Having a t slot makes the XP a very versatile setup.
B8475690-F8C9-428D-B469-2A26CAEB4A3C.jpeg