Bed Rack Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol condescending much...

Spending and extra 20k for a raptor over a lariat just so you can drive through Starbucks in it. but thats ok?

if you want factory payload capacity for camping, sell the raptor and buy a superduty. if you want to turn your high speed offroad designed raptor into an overland camper then yes youll have to purchase parts that are designed for that...

raptor wasnt meant to be an rv...cant complain about the problem and the solution... lol
It's a 5k investment to gain a 200-400 lbs payload. Is it worth? I'm sure it is for the hardcore ones. Same can be said about about the extreme baja runners that jump their trucks and post here videos of their 6 feet tall jumps. What they dont say is to achieve such a performance you need new shocks, fender delete and other extra that will cost you 10k.
Going back to what you just said and the extra 20k and Starbucks. There are ways to camp/off road without eagerly spending the extra 5k+. For starters you can get 800 A or 801 A without extra options that add to your trucks weight ex sunroof. Raptor's payload is 1200lbs (including passengers) but goes down as you add options . All the way down to 1068 lbs in OP's case. You can also get a scab vs screw or you can carefully manage your weight. All the extras OP has added are very nice looking but useless for a family of 4 without the truck upgrades you mentioned. What I just said is aimed to the Raptor owner that is not familiar with this truck's payload and buy stuff only because it looks pretty. Thank you again for going the extra mile and posting that link.

OP
OP
Turbo_lander

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice setup but how do you guys manage weight? Looks like OP's truck is 802A trim which gives you only 1068lbs of bed load including the passengers. A family of 4 should be around 700 -750 lbs, bed cover and attachments OP has is another 100 - 150 lbs . So you are left with only 200 lbs (best case scenario) to 100lbs,to fill all the pretty boxes, under the bed cover and on top of the cover. A walmart tent is 10 -15 lbs , or a walmart bike 20lbs (if you get a more expensive one) or even 35 lbs. Preety but not useful imo. Would love to use OP set up but I dont see how with a Raptor

To answer your question, it is just me and my wife. I'm 140 and she is 105 plus our two dogs are 120 combined. Addtional gear maybe 300 lbs tops. We are well within our limit. If you watch my video I state this setup is mostly for wheeling/trail riding as we don't camp often. However when we do camp I'm not anywhere near max payload.

Currently with just this set up (I don't carry all my gear just essential stuff) it 110 lbs at most.

Last edited:

MRB14

Reaction score
For anyone looking for a bed rack solution I use Voodoo Fabrications High Rise Bed Rack. However I modified this some with the use of other brand accessories. I made walk around video explaining it for anyone needing ideas.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNr0E01BReI/?igshid=1w8bivvx6yqb2

View attachment 166319
Hey, good setup you got there bro! so far what is your experience with this bed rack? I'm currently checking out for the best setup of bed racks for raptor.