Bed rack for rooftop tent and tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

The tonneau brackets add 2.5". The 10" rack with tonneau brackets will allow pretty good rearward visibility and put the top of your tent about flush with the top of the cab.

The 14" rack will provide even better visibility and allow more room to mount accessories.

What is the cost of the rack that you noted above with the Gen 1 Raptor?

KB Voodoo Fabrications

Reaction score

KB Voodoo Fabrications

Reaction score
If we get enough Raptor owners, would you be interested in doing a group buy?

Why don't I just setup a promo code for Raptor forum members to use?

Group buys cause a big disruption in our shipping when a massive influx of orders come in all at once.

Unlike most companies, we stock everything and ship within a few days. Most bed rack manufacturers have a huge lead time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Why don't I just setup a promo code for Raptor forum members to use?

Group buys cause a big disruption in our shipping when a massive influx of orders come in all at once.

Unlike most companies, we stock everything and ship within a few days. Most bed rack manufacturers have a huge lead time.

A promo code sounds good to me (and I am sure it sounds good to others as well). Lol I completely understand about the chaos of doing group buys.

I definitely like the idea of being able to mount a bike on the side of the rack, while also having my RTT up top. Great design!

KB Voodoo Fabrications

Reaction score
A promo code sounds good to me (and I am sure it sounds good to others as well). Lol I completely understand about the chaos of doing group buys.

I definitely like the idea of being able to mount a bike on the side of the rack, while also having my RTT up top. Great design!

The code is setup.

Use promo code RAPTOR50 for $50 off.

Please use it for bed racks only, not for small accessory orders.

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
I spent a long time researching this to carry my RTT and very nearly bought the RCI rack. Unfortunately any tonneau will require heavy modification to work with the RCI, someone on the Tacoma forums was able to cut the canvas type roll cover to work but I don't think any measure of modifying a metal roll cover will fit around the legs.

I ended up with the TCUSA American roll cover with side rails and installed a 3 bar Rhino Rack, I run a quite large 72" wide tent. I'm quite pleased with my setup but one of my main goals was to still fit in the garage. Also, I was leaning towards retrax or a pace edwards until I saw them in person...not sure why they're so popular here.

I was looking at getting the retraxpro xr when my '19 arrives, was it ascetics that you did not like or something functionally? I dont have a dealer around here to see first hand before I purchase, so I am curious if there is something that i am not considering. Thanks

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The code is setup.

Use promo code RAPTOR50 for $50 off.

Please use it for bed racks only, not for small accessory orders.

Question 1: will one of your 14" racks clear two upright 37" spares?

Question 2: Any feedback on how these hold up under serious high-speed off-road use? (Think a Baja run or something of the like.) yes, I know that there will be a serious reduction in weight rating, but I really only want to throw a couple of foam surfboards up there.

Thanks!

KB Voodoo Fabrications

Reaction score
Question 1: will one of your 14" racks clear two upright 37" spares?

Question 2: Any feedback on how these hold up under serious high-speed off-road use? (Think a Baja run or something of the like.) yes, I know that there will be a serious reduction in weight rating, but I really only want to throw a couple of foam surfboards up there.

Thanks!

1) Depends on your bed depth. The 14" rack will have 12.5" of clearance under it to the top of the bed sides.
2) Go for the STEEL Max rack for maximum strength.

x96535

Reaction score
I don’t have the part numbers. Here is a pic of the writing on the back of them and a measurement for reference.

View attachment 114595

View attachment 114596

Can you post a few more pics of your setup? How’re the towers mounted onto the bed? It looks like you have some kind of track system on the bedrails but really hard to tell. This is the exact setup I’m looking for. Thanks!

I see now that it’s the Pace-Edwards UltraGroove. That makes more sense. Would still like to see some more pics of the setup...preferably not in the garage.

Last edited: