GEN 1 Bed power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully added a power outlet in the bed? Thinking of using it for an aux led light, charging, electric cooler etc.

Like this, doesn’t even need to be as fancy lol

Attachments

• CD203BDA-225C-4520-BA17-7BCF1E4CAD15.jpeg
    CD203BDA-225C-4520-BA17-7BCF1E4CAD15.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 10

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully added a power outlet in the bed? Thinking of using it for an aux led light, charging, electric cooler etc.

Like this, doesn’t even need to be as fancy lol
It's on my list of things to do. The issue comes down to how many amps whatever you wanna plug into it pulls. Lights and charging phones, etc. is easily managed, but when you want to run something like an electric cooler you might find you need a reasonably sized inverter that can handle that kind of amperage. The stock inverter on the back of the console is pretty much only good for charging and powering pretty small stuff.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Good to know. I was thinking of just pulling the power from there to run to the bed. Guess ill find another way lol.

i do have a 400 or 450 inverter but idk if it’s enough for a cooler(haven’t looked that far i to it yet).

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to know. I was thinking of just pulling the power from there to run to the bed. Guess ill find another way lol.

i do have a 400 or 450 inverter but idk if it’s enough for a cooler(haven’t looked that far i to it yet).

You can look up the specs on the cooler and see what it draws in use and then check the specs on the inverter to see what it puts out. I'm pretty sure the stock inverter will only handle like 5A max. I know you're wanting simple, but a large inverter can be pretty handy, and also you could then wire it up so that you could run "shore" power to the truck as well if you had anything else that needed 110v. Lots of options.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ill have to look into that “shore” power idk what it is. If this is a better option and not to much more cash i may swap over to that way.

Shore power is when you plug the truck into an outside power source, the same as when you go to a campground and plug the camper into a power feed. Basically it allows you to power things through 110v outlets pending you have it wired up properly. Definitely not required, but nice if you want to run a bunch of stuff off multiple 110v outlets on the truck.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Above pics - 2 group 37 lithium ion batteries, 2000 watt inverter, ARB twin with 3 gallon aluminum tank under bed ETC. Many mods since. Hope this gives you a basic Idea. With the bed rail system, anything that fits in the bed can be tied down securely even over the most difficult terrain. I used 1/4 - 20 stainless rivet nuts to tie the rail system, ARB, batteries, ETC down.