Bed Mat - To make the bed flat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a plastic or rubber bed mat that lays on the bottom part of the bed to make it 100% flat and fill in the ribs?

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find this which is pretty close:

https://www.huskyliners.com/ultragrip-bed-mats/2020/ford/f-150/bed-length/5'-7

based on the install video it has ribs on the bottom to fill in the gaps:

The problem is I'm building some sliders for a fridge and camp stove set up that I want to mount on top and I'm not sure that the fabric ribs will hold up over time. I was hoping for a hard rubber or even ABS plastic

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use the BedRug mat with a rubber mat on top for durability. Still squishy though which might be a deal breaker for what you're trying to accomplish. It does fill the gaps though.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I just called Decked to see if you can run a top skin without the boxes and they said they don't sell just the top skin which is kind of a bummer as that would be perfect. Basically Im looking for the Decked top without the boxes and added height.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did find this which is pretty close:

https://www.huskyliners.com/ultragrip-bed-mats/2020/ford/f-150/bed-length/5'-7

based on the install video it has ribs on the bottom to fill in the gaps:

The problem is I'm building some sliders for a fridge and camp stove set up that I want to mount on top and I'm not sure that the fabric ribs will hold up over time. I was hoping for a hard rubber or even ABS plastic

Never saw the filled in ribs part of the liner. My DeeZee has little nubs on the back, it's REALLY tough stuff. It looks to be plastic/polymer. It's really stiff if that would help for what you are doing.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Tuck Vault today to ask if they could make custom mat using the same material that the top layer of their Vault systems are made of and the lady told me its just wood and I could make it cheaper and easier at home, which got me thinking of maybe just purchasing some HPDE sheets and making my own.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

I called Tuck Vault today to ask if they could make custom mat using the same material that the top layer of their Vault systems are made of and the lady told me its just wood and I could make it cheaper and easier at home, which got me thinking of maybe just purchasing some HPDE sheets and making my own.

Goose Gear makes a base plate for the bed: https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...ts/ford-f150-rear-plate-13th-gen-2015-present

I have a BedRug. It has ribs that overlay the ridges in the bed and make it flat. I am sure you could drill/cut holes into the material to mount something into the bed as you have to cut holes for the BedRug to be installed behind the LED lights and Box-links. The BedRug material is suppose to be very robust.