Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Bed Mat - To make the bed flat

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Vegas_Sirk, May 18, 2020.

1. Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk Full Access Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a plastic or rubber bed mat that lays on the bottom part of the bed to make it 100% flat and fill in the ribs?

2. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

3. Vegas_Sirk

I did find this which is pretty close:

https://www.huskyliners.com/ultragrip-bed-mats/2020/ford/f-150/bed-length/5'-7

based on the install video it has ribs on the bottom to fill in the gaps:

The problem is I'm building some sliders for a fridge and camp stove set up that I want to mount on top and I'm not sure that the fabric ribs will hold up over time. I was hoping for a hard rubber or even ABS plastic

4. Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I use the BedRug mat with a rubber mat on top for durability. Still squishy though which might be a deal breaker for what you're trying to accomplish. It does fill the gaps though.

Vegas_Sirk likes this.
  5. Vegas_Sirk

Yea I just called Decked to see if you can run a top skin without the boxes and they said they don't sell just the top skin which is kind of a bummer as that would be perfect. Basically Im looking for the Decked top without the boxes and added height.

6. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

Never saw the filled in ribs part of the liner. My DeeZee has little nubs on the back, it's REALLY tough stuff. It looks to be plastic/polymer. It's really stiff if that would help for what you are doing.

7. FRANK CANGEY

FRANK CANGEY Member

8. Vegas_Sirk

I was looking at the install video of this. Are the ribs that level the matt foam or fabric? What it the top material like? It looks like a fabric but says its made out of Polypropylene, which isn't that a form of plastic?

9. Vegas_Sirk

I called Tuck Vault today to ask if they could make custom mat using the same material that the top layer of their Vault systems are made of and the lady told me its just wood and I could make it cheaper and easier at home, which got me thinking of maybe just purchasing some HPDE sheets and making my own.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    JP77 likes this.
  10. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor Full Access Member

Goose Gear makes a base plate for the bed: https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...ts/ford-f150-rear-plate-13th-gen-2015-present

I have a BedRug. It has ribs that overlay the ridges in the bed and make it flat. I am sure you could drill/cut holes into the material to mount something into the bed as you have to cut holes for the BedRug to be installed behind the LED lights and Box-links. The BedRug material is suppose to be very robust.