Bed lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What have you guys done for bed lighting? Thinking of using the Nilight RGB LED strip kit from Amazon that has the remote and then turning it on and off with my overhead switch panel. Figured it would be nice and low profile and I could hide them up under the bed rails. Being able to change the color and brighten/dim them would be nice when camping and sleeping in the bed. What have you guys done?

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

cjf1001

Reaction score
I put a KC Cyclone on each side with them pointed toward the cab (existing holes). Switch turns them on when I open the tailgate and an override switch can turn them off when hauling a load with the tailgate down.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My current plan I think is going to be powering them off one of my overhead switches, and then mounting the remote that controls the lights onto one of my swing cases with magnets. That way if I'm camping in the bed with the tailgate closed I can turn the lights on and off or change colors with the remote while leaving power to the lights still "on." They can also be turned off then if I have the tailgate down hauling something.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up ordering the Nilite kit from Amazon that has the remote to control them. Still planning on mounting them up under the bed rails to keep them safe. The plan also is to still wire them up to one of my 6 overhead switches so they can be turned on and off from the cab if I accidentally leave them on, but to mount the remote with some magnets to one of my swing cases so if I'm camping or sleeping in the bed I can change the colors and turn them on and off from inside or outside the bed with the remote.