Bed extender and tool boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering adding a bed extender to my truck but was also looking at the different tool box options available. The location most used seems to be the area between the wheel well and the tailgate, which appears to interfere with something like a bed extender. Other options would interfere with the Bak Flip tonneu cover I have. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best accomplish both?

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bak makes a BakBox tool box that goes under the BakFlip...not the biggest, but collapses when not in use to allow the full bed use. The other small ones go along the bed cavities between the wheel wells and the tailgate.

I have the Ford bed extender. Not wild about it, because it's nearly impossible to unfold it after you've loaded something large, and you can't load something large with it already unfolded.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bak makes a BakBox tool box that goes under the BakFlip...not the biggest, but collapses when not in use to allow the full bed use. .

I had one of these on my old F150. worked very well and like lawdog said, it folds out of the way when not in use and it's not that big. I got a lot of use out of it though. Easy to set up and take down and also doesn't have a lot of weight.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of these on my old F150. worked very well and like lawdog said, it folds out of the way when not in use and it's not that big. I got a lot of use out of it though. Easy to set up and take down and also doesn't have a lot of weight.

I got one for free with my MX-4 back when they had a deal going, but have yet to install it. Good to hear some real-person positive feedback on it...thanks.

Stephen27

Reaction score
Hi, you might want look into this article that has comprehensive review guide list about wheel well tool box kit. This article helped me choose the right one that I need.