GEN 1 Bed cover restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Undercover Flex installed on my truck. I have been happy with it and it has served me well for almost 8 years now. The problem I am having with it though is the rubber is wearing out and squeaks. So much so I can hear it in the cab of the truck when I am driving (it is a mildly infuriating sound).

I was wondering if anybody has tried restoring the rubber on their bed cover and/or if anyone had recommendations on how to revive the elasticity of the rubber.

So far I have tried:
- Removing and cleaning the bed cover (works for about 10 minutes)
- Applying Wurth Rubber conditioner to the rubber (works for about a day)
- Applying dry graphite lube to the rubber (didn't work and was a total mess)

I think I am destined for a new cover, but I always like to try to fix things before I throw them away. If you have any suggestions, please send them on!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a bakflip 2, been on the Rap for 8 or 9 years now, every year I use wd40 on the latches and joints, for the rubber I have been using Meguires leather conditioner, I use that on the Raptors door seals as well, whether I should or not, but my rubbers are like new still. Once rubber dries out though, it's not like leather where you can "soak" it to come back to life, but I'm no expert, just experience over the decades.

Hope somebody can save you from spending a G or more on a new one.