Bed bolts spinning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left middle bed bolt likes to spin even with the nut and clip in the proper location. Ended up using a rubber mallet, couple medium wacks and she was able to thread.

Edit: btw the original bed bolts are 1 time use. Should be replacing them every time you take off your rack. Highly recommend upgrading to khc bolts

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left middle bed bolt likes to spin even with the nut and clip in the proper location. Ended up using a rubber mallet, couple medium wacks and she was able to thread.

Edit: btw the original bed bolts are 1 time use. Should be replacing them every time you take off your rack. Highly recommend upgrading to khc bolts
The problem is that the nut/clip combined piece of hardware is also technically a “one time use” piece. The nut breaks off the clip. This is what I was referring to earlier where you need a real thin wrench to wedge in there and you can grab just the nut from underneath when this happens.

ocbcwc

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life. I have a rear bed bolt that I am trying to take out. It just spins and I have tried a wrench from underneath, it feels as if the nut is rounded. Trying to take off to install some bed supports. Any suggestions?

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life. I have a rear bed bolt that I am trying to take out. It just spins and I have tried a wrench from underneath, it feels as if the nut is rounded. Trying to take off to install some bed supports. Any suggestions?

I'ver never looked underneath, but I know I have one that spins. Was swapping them out to put KHC bolts in. I'll have to figure it out soon though.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KHC bolts are a recipe for terrible galvanic corrosion, I would not use them with the OEM nuts. Also those grade 8 bolts are terrible when it comes to corrosion protection compared to factory.