How To Bed Bolt Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
on the WD40 - I do have one caution

I did do this when installing my last cage setup, and after TRR, I got the nagging feeling that I should check the bed bolts, sure enough two of them were finger tight.

I have seen garage sales at TRR before, but it would be impressive to see someone lose their entire bed!

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless they are stripped out or you are taking them out with a BFH and destroying the shank, I cannot see why these bolts would not be able to be reused multiple times. If you are using them to bolt other things down and need longer ones or a better grade due to the load than yes replace them but use a bolt designed/rated for what you are doing.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried using a standard Torx 50 so ill soak the crap out of them and give it a try with a plus set .
thanks for the great write up

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ford did us a big favor by keeping these bolts going in from the top down into the frame. The stuff we have managed to put in there and utilize with those bolts. Imagine owning a Chevy.

D

Deleted member 12951

No favor from Ford when they spray the bed liner over the bolts, lol

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I took mine out I had to go underneath with a torch and heat up 2 of the bolts then I worked the bolts back and forth with the impact gun. After the heat they backed right out.