Bed Bolt D-Ring Tie Down Points AT COST

Discussion in 'Garage Sale' started by Talbor, May 28, 2018.

1. Skyfrog

Skyfrog Full Access Member

At 12 per order, and one beer per ring, that's a 12-pack per run...not a bad idea :favorites13:

Talbor likes this.
  2. Talbor

Talbor Full Access Member

[​IMG]

3. HAP

HAP Full Access Member

I know what you are saying. When you torque the bolt down it does fit. It causes the ring to become a little tighter though, but it works.

R,
    HAP

4. Talbor

Without grinding the material on the d-ring, part of the head of the bolt rests on the d-ring hinge and doesn’t sit flush with the d-ring washer/base plate. So, the tensile stresses in the bolt are not evenly distributed on the bolt head, causing a localized stress point that wasn’t part of the fastener selection criteria, which could cause premature failure with the cyclical loading these bolts will see.

Will it probably be fine? Yes. But I don’t want to stress the bed bolts with loads they weren’t expected to take - they’re pretty critical bolts which experience enough stresses, especially if you off-road.

It’s a cheap / easy mod to not risk the potential of damaging the bed bolts with loads they were never intended to take. It’s your truck, so your call - to each his own is my motto.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  5. eclou

eclou Full Access Member

I'm in for 6. Can pick up in Houston this weekend. And if you haven't done the Forscan mods yet I can bring my laptop and adapter to help you

BBLV likes this.
  6. SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ Full Access Member

What’s forscan?

7. Talbor

I’ll shoot you a PM. Won’t have them this weekend. I don’t carry stock since I’m not making a profit, so I wait until I get a couple orders in to order some.

Appreciate the offer with forscan! I picked up a ODB 2 dongle and have been having fun with it myself, so I’m covered.

8. Talbor

Update for all that have ordered thus far. I just received shipping notification that the d-rings will be here Tuesday. So I’ll have them shipped out by the end of next week to everyone via USPS priority.

I used mine again today to take some wheels to the tire shop to dismount the tires (selling some spare Gen 2 beadlock capable rims). I highly recommend those 2” straps I linked in the original post. They’re huge, well built from my experience thus far, and just kinda fun to use. My 2 cents.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. eclou

eclou Full Access Member

Talbor likes this.
  10. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member