Bed Bolt D-Ring Tie Down Points AT COST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I checked these were on hold for a bit. Sent a PM a few months back, would still love a set when op gets back in the shop

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to “want a set when available” list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just a heads up to those that have yet to order, yet to receive or yet to install.

Note the torque rating on the first page in @Talbor’s instructions - 56 foot pounds. That’s about 1.25-1.5 x ar15 barrel torque. You can do it with hand ratchets.

I made it through bolt 1 and partially stripped the 2nd one trying to loosen it. I think it can be removed with good tools, but these bolts are in there at 4-5 times that 56 foot pounds on my Rap. That should’ve been a clue to stop but wasn’t for me. I had to resort to a 2 foot breaker bar on the first bolt - again, this should’ve been a clue to me...

When I revisit this, I’d love to know what those of you with spray in bed liner are doing to clean up the bolt heads. it’s a bitch with a pocket knife and I’m still trying to think what I can use to get the bolt head clean for the torx bit ( t50 PLUS in case anyone’s wondering ). I’ll bet I fought for 20 minutes per bolt just to get the head clear enough for the torx to seat.

If you get the kind of resistance I’m seeing, don’t force it or try to force it if you don’t have the tools to get the bolts out.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up to those that have yet to order, yet to receive or yet to install.

Note the torque rating on the first page in @Talbor’s instructions - 56 foot pounds. That’s about 1.25-1.5 x ar15 barrel torque. You can do it with hand ratchets.

I made it through bolt 1 and partially stripped the 2nd one trying to loosen it. I think it can be removed with good tools, but these bolts are in there at 4-5 times that 56 foot pounds on my Rap. That should’ve been a clue to stop but wasn’t for me. I had to resort to a 2 foot breaker bar on the first bolt - again, this should’ve been a clue to me...

When I revisit this, I’d love to know what those of you with spray in bed liner are doing to clean up the bolt heads. it’s a bitch with a pocket knife and I’m still trying to think what I can use to get the bolt head clean for the torx bit ( t50 PLUS in case anyone’s wondering ). I’ll bet I fought for 20 minutes per bolt just to get the head clear enough for the torx to seat.

If you get the kind of resistance I’m seeing, don’t force it or try to force it if you don’t have the tools to get the bolts out.

You could try a torch on the bit and melt the liner inside of the bolt.
May have to step up to the final size though

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt heads strip very easily. Hand tools are your best friend. Lock tight on the bolts from the factory doesnt help

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've received the d-rings but have have to tackle the installation. Sounds like it's going to be an absolute blast because I have a bedliner. Speaking of which, those who have liners and have completed the install, what did you do as far as bed lining the d-rings goes? Just some touch-up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.