Beauty Ring Torque Specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried searching (owner's manual and on here) but didn't see what I was looking for.

If I remove my beauty rings from my 2019, what are the torque specs to reinstall them and do I need to use any locktite?

Thanks!

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 18 I just noted the take off torque & added like 5 ft lbs. Mine had I think yellow thread locker & used blue when reassembled.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont use threadlock on the bolts. they will never come off. you will strip the torx head on them and will be drilling them out. the gen 1 bolts i believe were 48.5 or 47.8 ft lbs. i dont imagine the gen 2 being any different. also try to retorque them after several miles to make sure they are set properly

OP
OP
dblack

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 18 I just noted the take off torque & added like 5 ft lbs. Mine had I think yellow thread locker & used blue when reassembled.

What do you mean noted the take off torque?

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean noted the take off torque?
Sorry been busy! Start with a low torque like 15 ft lbs...if the torque wrench does not click then try 18 ft lbs, 20, 22, etc. until the bolt turns without the torque wrench clicking then add 5 ft lbs. Suppose you could also do in reverse by trying to tighten in increments as well.

Also they are beauty rings & not bead lock rings so the Blue Thread locker has not fused the bolts.

OP
OP
dblack

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry been busy! Start with a low torque like 15 ft lbs...if the torque wrench does not click then try 18 ft lbs, 20, 22, etc. until the bolt turns without the torque wrench clicking then add 5 ft lbs. Suppose you could also do in reverse by trying to tighten in increments as well.

Also they are beauty rings & not bead lock rings so the Blue Thread locker has not fused the bolts.

Do you remember what the torque was? 47-48 ft lbs seems high to me for those bolts but IDK.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the ring has to come off when you change your tires. if they are tightened down with threadlock, it can cause a headache. i had a tire shop overtorque the bolts when i got new tires once and the next time i went in for tires, (6weeks later) had a total of 14 stripped out bolts. all had to be drilled out. and if they try to change the tire with the ring on, get ready for a very long tire change and lots of scratches on the ring.

OP
OP
dblack

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ring has to come off when you change your tires. if they are tightened down with threadlock, it can cause a headache. i had a tire shop overtorque the bolts when i got new tires once and the next time i went in for tires, (6weeks later) had a total of 14 stripped out bolts. all had to be drilled out. and if they try to change the tire with the ring on, get ready for a very long tire change and lots of scratches on the ring.
So they don't really need to be tightened down too hard, just good and snug should do it? And no locktite.