Beadlocked wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V_K

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 2017 raptor with the upgraded beadlock capable wheels. Lately I’ve been detailing my wheels and was surprised to see so many scratches. Am I crazy to think that these wheels scratch so easily for an 80k truck? Has anyone else have similar issues?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 2017 raptor with the upgraded beadlock capable wheels. Lately I’ve been detailing my wheels and was surprised to see so many scratches. Am I crazy to think that these wheels scratch so easily for an 80k truck? Has anyone else have similar issues?
Well I just hit 10k miles on mine so I have no idea. Mine have zero scratches so I wouldn't know.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use mine as intended and expected scratches/dings. Each mark is a story of an adventure.

I don't go to Starbucks, I guarantee it is not "curb rash" in my case

Also, I never understand the phrase "for an 80k truck"

I don't believe the wheels are made and/or coated with some unobtainium undistructable material.

OP
OP
V

V_K

Reaction score
I get it, the normal wear and tear is no issue for me but still based on my experience these wheels shouldn’t scratch so easily. It just stands out on black wheels. You got any pics of your wheels?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get it, the normal wear and tear is no issue for me but still based on my experience these wheels shouldn’t scratch so easily. It just stands out on black wheels. You got any pics of your wheels?
More importantly, Do you have any pics of your wheels? At the end of the day, its just paint.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will take pics and post. The "beauty ring" is replaceable separate from the wheel itself. And acts as a "protector" so to speak.

The ring on the 2019-2020 has raised spokes and looks better than 2017-2018 but is definitely more susceptible to damage.

Bluto

Reaction score
Discount tire damaged mine so they paid to have them powder coated. 1 season later, they're still looking good. I bought an extra set for winter and when I bought them it looked like they had been stored rim side down. They had the paint on the tips of the spokes worn down.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell your bead lock wheels to a 1G guy.

I have six I got used and when I got the real lock rings I made good money selling the take off beauty rings to people who only 4 wheel the mall.