GEN 2 Beadlock Wheel Trim Ring Torque and Thread Lock info...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All, searched for this info and couldn't find anything, (which was surprising), but am going in for new tires this week and just removed the trim rings (so as not to have them damaged/scuffed).

Can anyone share with me the torque number for the trim ring bolts and the thread lock? Mine have a yellow thread lock and I'm only familiar with the Red or Blue locking compound...

Thanks!!

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from another thread here. Torque 17.5 N m star pattern.

Attachments

• FordInstShtM-1021-F15BL.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated. Excited to get the new tires mounted!!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
17.5 N.m. converts to 12.9 ft. lbs., which is considerably less than the 47.9 ft. lbs. for the true beadlock ring. True beadlock are not the same as the stock ring. Use caution!

lol when I saw 47.9 lbs for those lil screws on a non-critical non-functional part I was immediately questioning it, 12.9 lbs seems a lot more reasonable (and I’d probably have the rings permanently adhered to the rims anyhow if I tried 48 lbs since I’m sure would wind up stripping nearly every bolt lol)

I was thinking of removing to powdercoat

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol when I saw 47.9 lbs for those lil screws on a non-critical non-functional part I was immediately questioning it, 12.9 lbs seems a lot more reasonable (and I’d probably have the rings permanently adhered to the rims anyhow if I tried 48 lbs since I’m sure would wind up stripping nearly every bolt lol)

I was thinking of removing to powdercoat

How would it strip the bolt if that's what the beadlock spec is? Thanks @xtela for posting the proper info and my apologies for the wrong info. I assumed 47.9 would be safe considering thats the spec on the beadlocks. I think the big difference is your using thread lock on the beauty rings and not on the actual beadlock.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again all for the specs, amazing how much quieter/smoother the Raptor is with new tires!! Even "feels" like it's sitting higher (more so than just extra tread depth);)