GEN 2 Beadlock Trim Ring Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 2018 beadlocks that I will be swapping the tires off of and on to a set of 2018 non-beadlocks. My question is (not having owned a beadlock or simulated beadlock before), I assume that I need to remove the trim ring before the tire gets removed? I know it’s just a fake beadlock, but it still seems like the trim ring comes off before the tire can. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to remove the trim ring before removing the tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been thinking about it and it seems safer to just take them off in advance. Worst case scenario, if the rim gets scuffed, at least you still have a clean trim ring to put over it.

JacobZ06

Reaction score
You may need to remove the beauty ring, depending on the tire machine. On some machines, the beauty ring interferes with the tire removal, and can cause paint damage due to the combined thickness of the rim and the beauty ring.

OP
OP
P

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. Yeah, I'm going to remove the ring to be safe. I want the wheels to be as perfect as possible when I sell them.

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your time when removing the Torx screws as they can easily get stripped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk