Beadlock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 Super Crew with factory beadlocks. I bought some 17 inch venom Rex 602s to replace the beadlocks, for cosmetic reasons. I chose the VenomRex because they are strong and light, and will help maintain the performance characteristics of the stock set up. In addition, I’ve always been an aftermarket wheel guy and love being able to set my vehicles apart from all the stock ones running around. So my question is, am I doing myself a disservice by not getting another beadlock wheel? I almost got method 105s, but I see them on so many raptors here in SoCal, and I wanted something a little different. Will I regret not getting beadlocks, or will the venomrex be good for moderate off-roading? I have never done any real off roading, but I’m planning on getting out to the desert now that I have a truck that is capable.

P.S, I want to thank everyone for contributing to this forum. I’ve already learned so much in the last 2 weeks since I purchased my raptor. I’ve done some forescan updates and ordered some eibach front springs to go along with the new wheels and tires. Planning on some Deavers and some lights as the next upgrade.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Don’t sell the beadlocks and use them for off-roading and save the pretty rims for the street. They are beadlock capable so unless you buy the adaptors and mount them as beadlocks they are not any different than the new rims as far as getting the benefit of the beadlocks.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running beadlocks is great if you want to air WAAY down and rock crawl. But it is not street legal to run beadlock mounted tires, and you don't need to for 95% of off roading. You can air down to the 20s without beadlocks, and have plenty soft tires for most off road tasks. If you do run beadlock mounted tires, you need to be vigilant about torquing down all the beadlock bolts to ensure that your are not going to lose a bead while driving. Unless you are hard core (which you are not, in light of your question), I don't think you are giving up anything for all practical purposes.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not a big off-roader (yet...) but from what I’ve read/heard you can air down pretty low without beadlock wheels. Definitely enough for moderate off-roading. You just don’t want to go higher speed and take a corner with it aired down. Id just stick with the aftermarket wheels.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone that needs to air down without having a true beadlock these are on special and allow you to go down to 10psi. However for most circumstances 20psi on a regular wheel will suit most people needs.

1.22.19_Bead_Grip_Test_Results_Combo_Revised_2048x.png

MR701_Matte_Black_Head_On_900x.png

MR701_Bronze_Head_On_900x.png

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses here. Based on the comments here, I think the aftermarket wheels will do just fine.

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in your factory beadlocks if you wanna sell them

I’m going to sell them, but I have a guy that has dibs. If he falls through, I’ll let you know. I bought 5 venomrex wheels, so I’ll have all 5 of the stock beadlocks available.