Beadlock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of rust inhibitor would you recommend??

I’ve seen white lithium grease keep coil overs rust free. You can use Fluid Film, Rust Check - really anything that coats the unpainted area of the rim. Don’t forget to drop the spare and do that too.

V_K

Reaction score
So guess what guys,

About two years later the pitting started to happen again… I’m not sure what to do at this point anymore. Ughhh!!

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines well out of warranty and mine have been doing the same thing for a couple years, just took getting worse to notice it. I half wonder if its dissimilar metals with the beauty ring steel bolts and aluminum wheels... Ill have to pull my beauty rings when I get a chance and see where its starting from. I just think all Aluminum wheels have issues over time in corrosive environments. I would like to know if its something else though...

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So guess what guys,

About two years later the pitting started to happen again… I’m not sure what to do at this point anymore. Ughhh!!
If you're out of warranty, you could always get them powder coated like I did. In '20 it was $75 a wheel with Prismatic powder if you took the bare wheels. Single coat. If you take in wheel & tire it's $20 more each wheel for mount & balance. I thought that was pretty reasonable. The powdercoat still looks BRAND new several years later.

1684528946974.jpeg

1684529191777.jpeg

Last edited:

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're out of warranty, you could always get them powder coated like I did. In '20 it was $75 a wheel with Prismatic powder if you took the bare wheels. Single coat. If you take in wheel & tire it's $20 more each wheel for mount & balance. I thought that was pretty reasonable. The powdercoat still looks BRAND new several years later.

View attachment 408495

View attachment 408498
Yep that will be my plan when its time.....

V_K

Reaction score
At this point I just try my best to maintain my wheels as best as I possibly can. Powder coating is something I’m definitely considering doing done the line….