Beadlock beauty ring paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
I would highly suggest powder-coat over paint. Not only cheaper but more efficient and reliable. I have seen a Race-Red 2018 locally that had painted beauty rings to match, looked good but not my cup of tea. I am actually in your same boat Brian. I have a 2018 as you can see in my profile picture with the stock 2018 bead-lock wheels. I myself prefer the 2019-2020 stock bead-locks wheels, so I purchased a set of 2019 take-offs and had them stripped and sand-blasted, I also bought some of the Ford Performance locking rings and also had them stripped. When I'm ready for new tires this spring I will be swapping my stock 2018 wheels out for these 2019's and the performance rings. I will be powder-coating them to match the fender-flares and center-caps, which are actually 2 shades darker than the way the wheel comes stock. That's a lot to take in, so, I will attach a couple of pictures of what my new wheels will look like when finished.4C91F92B-B4DF-4F9D-B427-97AF8BBCBA79.jpeg08AD92C3-52C7-4F38-9147-A8092880B28D.jpeg

D

Deleted member 17706

I would highly suggest powder-coat over paint. Not only cheaper but more efficient and reliable. I have seen a Race-Red 2018 locally that had painted beauty rings to match, looked good but not my cup of tea. I am actually in your same boat Brian. I have a 2018 as you can see in my profile picture with the stock 2018 bead-lock wheels. I myself prefer the 2019-2020 stock bead-locks wheels, so I purchased a set of 2019 take-offs and had them stripped and sand-blasted, I also bought some of the Ford Performance locking rings and also had them stripped. When I'm ready for new tires this spring I will be swapping my stock 2018 wheels out for these 2019's and the performance rings. I will be powder-coating them to match the fender-flares and center-caps, which are actually 2 shades darker than the way the wheel comes stock. That's a lot to take in, so, I will attach a couple of pictures of what my new wheels will look like when finished.View attachment 158966View attachment 158967

You got any pics from further away and not as close? I am ordering the Ford Racing beadlock rings as well. Torn to keep them in their original silver color, or in a dark color like what you shared above.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would highly suggest powder-coat over paint. Not only cheaper but more efficient and reliable.

Cheaper? No. I picked up some automotive spray paint and clear coat for a $10 total for mine. Unless you happen to have the equipment to powder coat them yourself, I don't see how this is going to be cheaper.

I assume you were comparing costs of taking them to a shop to get done, however, that's really not necessary. The 'beauty' of painting the beauty rings is they are easily taken off the wheels, so not much prep work, and they are small enough that little skill is required.
7dfd3bd3f382d4cf47977aedf906b093.jpg

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Cheaper? No. I picked up some automotive spray paint and clear coat for a $10 total for mine. Unless you happen to have the equipment to powder coat them yourself, I don't see how this is going to be cheaper.

I assume you were comparing costs of taking them to a shop to get done, however, that's really not necessary. The 'beauty' of painting the beauty rings is they are easily taken off the wheels, so not much prep work, and they are small enough that little skill is required.
7dfd3bd3f382d4cf47977aedf906b093.jpg

Well of course, cheaper to do yourself, but I would prefer spending $5-10 a ring at a licensed powder-coat facility. $20 bucks for all 4 rings with satisfaction and warranty guaranteed makes it worth it. Powder-Coat is a lot more reliable than paint regardless. Yours look good!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well of course, cheaper to do yourself, but I would prefer spending $5-10 a ring at a licensed powder-coat facility. $20 bucks for all 4 rings with satisfaction and warranty guaranteed makes it worth it. Powder-Coat is a lot more reliable than paint regardless. Yours look good!

$20? Didn't realize it could be done so cheap. I assumed it would be around $100 minimum.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
You got any pics from further away and not as close? I am ordering the Ford Racing beadlock rings as well. Torn to keep them in their original silver color, or in a dark color like what you shared above.

Yessir, here a few more pictures of what I'm going with. They honestly look different at different times of the day and in different weather. Some angles they look black, others it looks like the desired grey color that matches the flares. If you want to match them with your stock colored wheels, it's going to be 2 shades lighter, as these wheels and rings pictured above are 2 shades darker than what comes out of factory. Ford uses 11 different variants of the J7 Magnetic. On the stock 2019-2020 bead-locks, the center-caps and fender flares are 2 shades darker than the wheel itself. I have found a powder-coat match that is very very close to matching, the naked eye couldn’t tell. This time around I am either doing the exact same thing or getting the bead-lock bolts painted chrome or silver. I will also attached a picture of the stock colored bead-locks with the stock beauty rings just to compared the shades of color. & someone who kept their rings silver. It looks good but out of place imo. I’m curious to see what they look liked matched to the stock color, so should you go that route I’d love to see em!

45D98D04-7AA1-407E-B381-6C27BCD21A8C.png

C3F082BE-840B-40A8-9442-D655E0595B0B.png

96E21BFB-26BB-4638-999C-62590C18D8C9.jpeg

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
$20? Didn't realize it could be done so cheap. I assumed it would be around $100 minimum.

Honestly, I didn't think so either at first but yep, powder-coating is fairly cheap. My sister just had her 22's on her Limited Expedition done for $60 a wheel. That's a big wheel... I already stripped and blasted mine, so that labor is out of the equation, just ready for powder and a semi-gloss finish now.

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would highly suggest powder-coat over paint. Not only cheaper but more efficient and reliable. I have seen a Race-Red 2018 locally that had painted beauty rings to match, looked good but not my cup of tea. I am actually in your same boat Brian. I have a 2018 as you can see in my profile picture with the stock 2018 bead-lock wheels. I myself prefer the 2019-2020 stock bead-locks wheels, so I purchased a set of 2019 take-offs and had them stripped and sand-blasted, I also bought some of the Ford Performance locking rings and also had them stripped. When I'm ready for new tires this spring I will be swapping my stock 2018 wheels out for these 2019's and the performance rings. I will be powder-coating them to match the fender-flares and center-caps, which are actually 2 shades darker than the way the wheel comes stock. That's a lot to take in, so, I will attach a couple of pictures of what my new wheels will look like when finished.View attachment 158966View attachment 158967
That looks cool. Do you have a pic showing the entire side of the truck?