bead-locks rims only, post pic and comment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickles1298

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least if my tires get shot out, I know they will stay on my rim because of my BEADLOCKS. My guns and beadlocks are to clear a path through the zombie apocalypse!!!! :nutkick:

NOw then back to beadlocks. :gay:

Beadlocks are used in different applications, for different reasons, but the principles are the same. Bead locks are exactly that, locks that hold the bead of the tire in place. Here are a few examples:

Drag racing: rear beadlocks are used on the inside and outside of the rim to allow the pressure to be run low to help "hook the tire up" without the rim "spinning" inside the tire due to excessive horsepower vs traction.

Sprintcars: beadlocks are used on the right rear outside of the rim, to allow the tire to "roll under" a certain amount, and the left rear they are both inside and out of the rim to allow the tire to "roll under" both directions, again with min amount of air pressure.

Desert Cars/Trucks: Is the mix of tire rolling under, traction, low air pressure,and also an added element, ROCKS.

these are just a few examples of why people choose beadlocks for different reasons.

I for one want to be able to adjust at any giving time, to whatever the situation calls for.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have questions dont run beadlocks.
Noone cares about the law, its either im gonna use them type of deal or im gonna be a poser running these.

Point is they are cAlled beadlocks not beatlocks.

Busa doesnt seem to know mich about this either!!!
500 miles? Lol no.... I check mine before and after any time i go off roading.

I have heard way too many horror stories so ignore checking the tq on mine.

So ya sounds about right once a week jack er up, deflate, retorque 26 bolts on each wheel.

If you cant do that then run poser simulated beads.

All depends how you use them. Some locktite and go 1-2 years without re tqing and they are fine cause they use em lightly
nope, just going by what ford racing says about their beadlocks. after i converted, i did have to re torque them and a couple were loose, but i figured that the first check at 50 miles was to make sure everything seated properly. i checked when i got back from pismo and they were still ok.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, just going by what ford racing says about their beadlocks. after i converted, i did have to re torque them and a couple were loose, but i figured that the first check at 50 miles was to make sure everything seated properly. i checked when i got back from pismo and they were still ok.

Blue lock tite will help to keep them tighten

Last edited:

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me why you would need 30 rounds for your weapon if all it takes is a bullet or two to kill or injure in self defense? Same goes with an animal for game or food.

If you have to ask, you will never understand why.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
What tire pressure are you running when you are off road? What type of terrain?

If looking good is what you are after, simulated bead locks sure are a lot less work....
Still waiting on a response....

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

If you have to ask, you will never understand why.
You must have skipped over this post:
Guys, let's keep the politics in the politics section.