Be my voice of reason please. Can I really afford the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nineunbuffed

Reaction score
Good call ref. It's a recent image I used for a friend's Facebook thread. Never thought it'd be used here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Correction: post #90

:specialed:

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

If we know one thing, it's that refs can't get em all right...or even most of them...or really any...

Good call ref. It's a recent image I used for a friend's Facebook thread. Never thought it'd be used here.

We meme hard here bruh! :rofl:

GABA

Reaction score
I need some different perspectives. I'm about a month out from placing my order so I'm starting to do some serious thinking about if I really can afford the raptor. I took my my monthly household income, and subtracted all my utilities rounded up to $100. Meaning my electric bill is usually $40-$50 but i subtracted $100. Gas is $20 but still subtracted $100 and so on. I subtracted every other expense (current truck payment, insurance, gas (x2 normal just in case we decide to drive somewhere for the weekend), groceries, and rent). I even subtracted $1000 for savings.

After all that I'm still left with $2300 a month. My payment on the raptor will likely be around $800. My insurance will probably go up $50 a month. So if I took on an extra expense of $850, I'll be left with $1,450 for personal expenses like eating out, entertainment etc.

Do you guys think I'm safe in getting the Raptor? Give me your perspective please.

I'm pretty conservative because I want to retire at some point, hopefully early. I always say that if I don't have the cash to buy said item upfront then I can't afford it. I'm not saying don't finance it if you get a good rate but if you don't have the lump sum saved already it's not a smart purchase for something that loses value. Also, that 80-100K for the Raptor invested in an index fund last year would have made you 20K rather than costing you interest and depreciation upwards of 20-30K. Only you can decide if you and your families finances can justify it. Money isn't everything, but not spending beyond your means essentially buys you some level of freedom from worry and hardship down the road. It's a big nut to buy these trucks. They're certainly fun but I'd never call my Raptor a good financial investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nineunbuffed

Reaction score
I'm pretty conservative because I want to retire at some point, hopefully early. I always say that if I don't have the cash to buy said item upfront then I can't afford it. I'm not saying don't finance it if you get a good rate but if you don't have the lump sum saved already it's not a smart purchase for something that loses value. Also, that 80-100K for the Raptor invested in an index fund last year would have made you 20K rather than costing you interest and depreciation upwards of 20-30K. Only you can decide if you and your families finances can justify it. Money isn't everything, but not spending beyond your means essentially buys you some level of freedom from worry and hardship down the road. It's a big nut to buy these trucks. They're certainly fun but I'd never call my Raptor a good financial investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GABA IS THAT YOU?