BD's OnX6+ Lower Grille LED Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at this kit, it fits behind the grill, what's the best method to cut or remove the grill so it does not block any of the light.

TheCappy

Reaction score
I'm guessing a dremel with cut wheel. It's just plastic. I haven't decided if I'm going to cut mine for flush mount yet.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize for changing the subject slightly. I’m about to do my install. How did you all route the wiring from the grill to the upfitters? Straight beside the battery, or around the side somehow?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I apologize for changing the subject slightly. I’m about to do my install. How did you all route the wiring from the grill to the upfitters? Straight beside the battery, or around the side somehow?
Mounting the lightbar was easy, routing the harness was NOT....ran harness up in front of the right side of the radiator, and kept it tight to the right side of the underhood...behind the battery and then to the upfitter wires...much easier to type then to execute...

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did it and I have never done anything like it before. I have very little talent when it comes to this. I used a dremel and then a tin snip. I then filed down the edges. It was a bit of trial and error but I think it looks much better exposed.

That said, behind the grill is surely more stealth and if you park where theft can occur, behind is probably better. Outta sight, outta mind.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounting the lightbar was easy, routing the harness was NOT....ran harness up in front of the right side of the radiator, and kept it tight to the right side of the underhood...behind the battery and then to the upfitter wires...much easier to type then to execute...
Thanks

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think its worth doing.....fwiw.
View attachment 123712
So to those of you who have OnX6 as well as BD squadron sports, is it worth it? I already have three pairs of Squadron sports (spot, driving combo, & wide cornering) in the fog light pockets. I can't use those on street due to light output already, so is there something beyond 'more is better' driving your decision? My biggest *gripe* is that the spots - which are mounted too low by choice - don't really throw down range. But I can't mount lights up top (won't fit garage).