GEN 1 BDS 4" Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunting62

Reaction score
So I am new to the Raptor family. But I did have a 2012 FX4 crew cab that had a 4" lift with 35's. I recently purchased a 2014 Raptor and I must say I love it. But I do miss being higher up. I have done a little research and found BDS has 4" lift kit that utilizes the current Fox suspension. Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am new to the Raptor family. But I did have a 2012 FX4 crew cab that had a 4" lift with 35's. I recently purchased a 2014 Raptor and I must say I love it. But I do miss being higher up. I have done a little research and found BDS has 4" lift kit that utilizes the current Fox suspension. Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts?
Fabtech also has one that I see mentioned more often than BDS. That said, you are going to have a group of people respond unfavorably to the notion of adding a lift to the Raptor. I went with the Geiser springs up front and Deaver +3s in the back which add 2.5" to the front and 1" to the rear.

OP
OP
H

Hunting62

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will look into that also. I do know that BDS makes a great product and was just wondering if anyone has installed this lift setup. What I find interesting is everyone's opinions are different along with driving style. 70% of my driving with this Raptor Queen is highway and 30% is farm fields for work and hunting. I do like the ride of the Raptor just want some more lift to it.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will look into that also. I do know that BDS makes a great product and was just wondering if anyone has installed this lift setup. What I find interesting is everyone's opinions are different along with driving style. 70% of my driving with this Raptor Queen is highway and 30% is farm fields for work and hunting. I do like the ride of the Raptor just want some more lift to it.
I agree with you and considered having the Fabtech lift installed, but decided to do the springs instead because my primary goal was to fit 37" tires for aesthetic reasons (truck makes 35" tires look tiny in my opinion). A 2.5" lift in the front is not as impressive as a 4", but it definitely does change the stance of the truck and the overall appearance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hunting62

Reaction score
I will look at both options. I believe with the lift I will be able to fit 37's on it also. Do you have a few pics of your setup you could send me?