BD Sportsmen kit - best light for amber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I just ordered the Baja Designs Sportsmen Fog Pocket Kit. I was thinking of doing an amber lense on the middle driving combo squadron light? Anyone else do it this way? Also, are the lenses easy to change back to clear after they are installed, without removing them from the bracket and the truck?

Any opinions on the best light of the 3 to do an amber lens on? Wondering if it will look right having the middle amber as opposed to one of the outers

Thanks

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey All, I just ordered the Baja Designs Sportsmen Fog Pocket Kit. I was thinking of doing an amber lense on the middle driving combo squadron light? Anyone else do it this way? Also, are the lenses easy to change back to clear after they are installed, without removing them from the bracket and the truck?

Any opinions on the best light of the 3 to do an amber lens on? Wondering if it will look right having the middle amber as opposed to one of the outers

Thanks

Thanks for posting up!

I'd recommend running the S2 Wide Cornering pattern in Amber. The Wide Cornering pattern was designed to light the nearfield area. It's also great for poor conditions like fog, dust, snow, etc.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Is it easy to change the lenses on the lights while they are in the bracket on the truck?

Thanks

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. 4 small Allen bolts each side make quick work of it. This is easily done while mounted on any of the lights while mounted with the BD kit

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey SD1290. Going with ambers for the S2 is very popular. Another popular option is to go with Amber Driving/Combo on the Squadrons. What we do for all of our customers (if requested, and at no additional cost) is we swap out the Squadron Spots with Squadron Amber Driving/Combos.

This basically gives you S2s in Wide Cornering, Squadrons in Clear Driving/Combo and Squadrons in Amber Driving/Combo. Then as an add-on we offer extra harness so that you can use 3 upfitters with your Baja Designs Kit.

What this allows you to do is keep your S2s on for normal everyday use. Then you can choose either your Clear or Amber Squadrons depending on the weather and location you are traveling.

We find that's the best setup. As I said going with ambers for your S2s is a personal choice and something a lot of folks actually do.

If anybody is in the market for a set of these awesome Baja Designs Fog lights just let me know. We change out the lenses at no cost and do it before it ships from our warehouse so you don't have to do it.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Is it easy to change the lenses on the lights while they are in the bracket on the truck?

Thanks

Very easy! A M2.5 hex key and a little patience is all you need. You can easily change the lenses while they are on the truck.

Let us know if you have more questions :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com