BD LP4 Pro installed on a-pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LedFootRaptor

Reaction score
For those of you purchasing a lighting kit. If you don't buy from us make sure your re-seller gives you the right hardware. SDHQ didn't include the correct bolts for the Gen3 & Lightnings (they use the same bracket). MDJAK had the same issue we had on our lightning where the provided hardware by SDHQ was incorrect for the top of the pillar. We installed them originally but SOMETHING wasn't quite sitting correctly. After speaking with SDHQ and installing a set on our truck, we learned the top bolts were wrong.

We're now including the right bolts (at our own expense) when purchased from us. Just keep that in mind.

Complete Gen3 Kits are available here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-light-kit-for-2021-ford-raptor/
@4x4TruckLEDs.com what is the difference between these two LP4 kits? Trying to make a purchase but not sure which to go with…

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are both great choices. The XL80 is smaller and probably a better choice. No backlight or sidelights though.

LedFootRaptor

Reaction score
They are both great choices. The XL80 is smaller and probably a better choice. No backlight or sidelights though.
I should have specified. Both links I posted above have LP4 options. I decided am going with the LP4, I’m just not sure what the differences are between the two LP4 packages in the above links, other than one being slightly less expensive.D8A46CD8-9A96-4648-ABC5-EB8A791ECE13.png

Last edited:

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like different brackets. One is BD and the other SDHQ. I don't know what the difference between the two. The BD is a full kit that comes from BD. The other kit looks like it is probably put together by 4x4truckleds.com. I would probably just pay the extra $30 and buy the BD kit.

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have specified. Both links I posted above have LP4 options. I decided am going with the LP4, I’m just not sure what the differences are between the two LP4 packages in the above links, other than one being slightly less expensive.View attachment 386662
the bracket is different, probably the harness too. I ended up cutting through the BD harness myself so let me know if I can be of help.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my LP4’s. The wiring harnesses Baja Designs lights come with are absolute made in china garbage though. Personally I think they should ship these lights without a harness so you can use the savings toward a quality harness or make your own.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the harnesses from BD are not great. For example, the harnesses that come with XL80s on A pillars should be set up the right lengths for the truck, but are far from it. Using this harness would create excessive wire lengths that just look bad inside the engine bay. I’m a noob so had to learn how to use the weather pack connectors. I bought the little hollow release tool for the weather packs as well plus some crimpers (both easily obtained from Amazon). Youtube also showed how to wire a relay. Its a bit time consuming but results in a much cleaner install. Some guys go all out with a relay box like this post, which is pretty impressive! https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...tter-relay-box-camera-relocate-install.95210/